MD & DO Help With School List: 3.93 GPA, 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StopSign45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could probably get into Duke with those scores.

I have kind of similar stats as you particularly with the MCAT, so I'm curious to see the responses here. I honestly think your guaranteed in a DO school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Allopathic:
- TCMC
- Jefferson
- Drexel
- Temple
- WVU
- Marshall (Have strong ties to WV)
- Penn State
- Quinnipiac
- Duke (Reach?)
Osteopathic:
- CCOM
- PCOM
- Nova Southeastern
- MSUCOM

Yes, I have purchased MSAR. I was just looking for the advice of others.
I see six MD schools where you have a fair to good chance of an interview. This would be a little scanty if not for the addition of the DO schools.
RJGOP was messing with you, not being helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
How about:

Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), VCU, Albany, Eastern Virginia, Vermont, NYMC, Commonwealth

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, and the DC schools perhaps. Maybe Wake Forest too as more of a reach

Edit: for osteo, I don't think you wanna bother with MSUCOM. It's so expensive... Others to consider are Western, AZCOM, DMU, KCUMB, and NYITCOM

I would think Vermont/VCU would have a large bias for IS students though, but I guess they are not as bad as other public schools.

I have added much of your list. Thank you! :) What about Ohio schools?

Last edited:
Goro suggests:
Rush
NYMC
Penn state
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
MCW
St. Louis U
Jefferson
Creighton
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
U Miami
Wake Forest
EVMS
VCU
Tulane
All new MD programs
Any DO program, starting with PCOM and LECOM, Touro-NY, NYITCOM and VCOM.

I would think Vermont/VCU would have a large bias for IS students though, but I guess they are not as bad as other public schools.

I have added much of your list. Thank you! :) What about Ohio schools?

Both of those schools interview roughly 10% of their OOS applicants which I think is good.

I don't know how well you'd fare at Ohio schools. Your MCAT is probably too low for OSU, Case, and Cinci. But, Cinci's secondary is only $25 and it has no essays, so many give it a shot? Their OOS tuition isn't too bad compared to other public's as well. NEOMED takes like no OOS and their OOS tuition is very high. Toledo is a little more OOS friend but their OOS tuition is +60k. I don't think Wright State is very OOS friendly either. IS Ohio applicants ( like myself :) ) have it pretty good.