Help with school list as reapplicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bisonbison

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reapplicant here! Had 2 interviews last year and WL for both. Not expecting any acceptances since it is very late.

Stats:
4.0 sGPA
3.98 cGPA
MCAT: 29 a few years ago, just retook this year and got 511

Side note about MCAT: should I average scores when picking schools?

ECs:
  • 350 hours of rescue squad volunteering
  • 225+ hours of shadowing (around 175 with the same doc)
  • 125 hours volunteering at a clinic
  • 150 miscellaneous volunteering hours- through student orgs, volunteering at a camp, etc.
  • leadership positions in two different student orgs, with active membership in others
  • part-time work as a tutor for 2 years during college
  • TA for one semester
  • 75 hours research for this summer - won't have pubs

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wondering if a mod could move this- I think I should have posted in WAMC. Sorry about that!

@WedgeDawg

You could apply to all the schools I suggested back in May:

ALL your VA schools
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Hofstra
New York Medical
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
GW
Georgetown
Wake Forest
Tulane
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan

You could also try:
West Virginia
Einstein
Miami

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was wondering if I should add any more to the ones you suggested with my updated score. Thank you @Faha !

Eh, if you want to leave this in the re-app forum here, that's fine with me, but if you want me to move it, I can do that too.

Eh, if you want to leave this in the re-app forum here, that's fine with me, but if you want me to move it, I can do that too.

I feel like I might get a few more replies in the WAMC forum so if you could move it, I'd appreciate it! :)

Anyone think I should add some DO schools? Not sure if I should or not.

I'm really sorry about last cycle I was almost there as well. If I had to reapply I would have added some DO schools. So I am thinking it might not be a bad idea.

DO schools have a much later cycle. You might want to submit your DO applications/secondaries later (like October) so that if you want to go MD and get acceptances, you'd be more likely to get them before it's time to pay the (relatively large) DO deposits.

DO schools have a much later cycle. You might want to submit your DO applications/secondaries later (like October) so that if you want to go MD and get acceptances, you'd be more likely to get them before it's time to pay the (relatively large) DO deposits.
Great idea- thank you! :)

I'm really sorry about last cycle I was almost there as well. If I had to reapply I would have added some DO schools. So I am thinking it might not be a bad idea.

No worries- no changing the past now :) Congratulations by the way!!