Help with school list cgpa 3.0 sgpa 3.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baxkin1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I would greatly appreciate some advice for school list. I'm willing to spend some cash on apps to apply as broadly as possible, but I also don't want to just throw money away.

cGPA - 3.02
sGPA - 3.03
MCAT - 28
Wi Resident
Descent-Good ECs.

Am I missing any schools worth applying to? And in your opinions should I scrap any of these off the list???

ACOM
ATSU (AZ)
AZCOM
CUSOM
DMU-COM
KCOM
LECOM (ALL)
LMU
NYCOM
PNWU
PCOM (BOTH)
Touro-NV
Touro-NY
UMDNJ
VCOM
WVSOM
Western

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have a c3.4, s3.14, MPH 3.9 and Ive been told to focus on these schools....no MCAT yet, but I am Virginia resident...

ATSU, CUSOM, KCOM, LECOM, LMU, PCOM-GA, VCOM, WVSOM, LUCOM......

If my MCAT is above a 28 I will add
Touros, PCOM-PA, NYCOM,

A 3.0/3.0 is ~12th percentile for DO applicants. A 26 would be 51st percentile. Unless you have reason to believe you scored higher, you may be looking at a retake and/or postbacc year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a c3.4, s3.14, MPH 3.9 and Ive been told to focus on these schools....no MCAT yet, but I am Virginia resident...

ATSU, CUSOM, KCOM, LECOM, LMU, PCOM-GA, VCOM, WVSOM, LUCOM......

If my MCAT is above a 28 I will add
Touros, PCOM-PA, NYCOM,
is that all you're looking to apply to then?

is that all you're looking to apply to then?

Im actually applying to WVSOM at the moment ONLY.....getting verified...since I have had good talks with the Dean there....depending on my MCAT I will add more schools....but worst case scenario....I will go with my first list and add on schools that are within my reach depending on my MCAT......

I think cusom and vcom screen at 3.2 but have seen others get secondaries with below they both seem to look at whole applicant and good luck in the cycle

Also a lot of these rural schools really look for "working with the underserved community" as part of your ECs, from my many talks, it seems they value that a lot....

Also a lot of these rural schools really look for "working with the underserved community" as part of your ECs, from my many talks, it seems they value that a lot....
I agree and they look at the whole person I went to visit cusom and loved the school

Reactions: 1 user
I agree and they look at the whole person I went to visit cusom and loved the school

Yeh they really do value it more than research, because I had a question regarding my research credit, and they made it seem like, they really do value working with minorities/underserved MUCH MUCH more...than research etc....

Reactions: 1 user
Yeh they really do value it more than research, because I had a question regarding my research credit, and they made it seem like, they really do value working with minorities/underserved MUCH MUCH more...than research etc....
I really walked out of the school feeling they want you to make it and vcom also seems to value the whole applicant I wish you the best in the cycle

I really walked out of the school feeling they want you to make it and vcom also seems to value the whole applicant I wish you the best in the cycle

Thanks a lot. Likewise....although Im not THAT hopeful.....lets see....fingers crossed...

Interesting, so are they looking for clinical type work relevant to helping the underserved or just general altruistic activities?
This worries me a little bit since I have a pretty good deal of research experience and only a few accounts of directly volunteering at an event for the homeless

Interesting, so are they looking for clinical type work relevant to helping the underserved or just general altruistic activities?
This worries me a little bit since I have a pretty good deal of research experience and only a few accounts of directly volunteering at an event for the homeless
They are looking to train physicians in underserved areas and I think if you fit the mission you have a good chance I would look at the school specific thread to get an idea

Im sorry I dont mean to scare you. But as others have said, this is one thing that really sets DOs apart is their willingness and interest to serve the underserved. For example, when I was in UG I opened my own organization with my friends to give free diagnostic services to those who are 200% below the poverty line...and we worked with free clinics in the area + homeless shelters making food around Xmas and Thanksgiving. I ve also helped make literature for the inner city area of Baltimore to help people who dont have access to healthcare, get on the track of making better food choices and motivate them to exercise. I know this is a bit more than the usual applicant might have, but even just volunteering in a homeless shelter or something like that helps to show your resolve.