MD Help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zelda840

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My info:
Nontraditional student (mid thirties)
3.90 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA
29 MCAT (8PS/11VR/10BS)
Average ECs, Great LORs
Not URM
Nebraska Resident

It looks like I'm going to qualify for FAP this year, so 14 schools is my max. This is what I have so far:

UNMC
Creighton
Vermont
Rosalind Franklin
Wake Forest
MCW
Marshall-Edwards
Commonwealth
Drexel
Colorado
Albany

Any advice on schools I should add to the list or any I should remove? I will probably also apply to DO schools, but just trying to get the 14 MDs for FAP right now. Thanks to anyone willing to help out! :)

Members don't see this ad.

My info:
Nontraditional student (mid thirties)
3.90 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA
29 MCAT (8PS/11VR/10BS)
Average ECs, Great LORs
Not URM
Nebraska Resident

It looks like I'm going to qualify for FAP this year, so 14 schools is my max. This is what I have so far:

UNMC
Creighton
Vermont
Rosalind Franklin
Wake Forest
MCW
Marshall-Edwards
Commonwealth
Drexel
Colorado
Albany

Any advice on schools I should add to the list or any I should remove? I will probably also apply to DO schools, but just trying to get the 14 MDs for FAP right now. Thanks to anyone willing to help out! :)
Since you're not from a contiguous state, do you have strong ties to W Virginia? If not, remove Marshall. Historically, Colorado has liked to see far more clinical experience than any other school. Hopefully you have a lot. Commonwealth aims to train docs for rural NE Pa; if you don't have a rural background or experience, rethink that one. If you have enough community service to the poor to appeal to Creighton, then consider adding Loyola. Consider Rush, NYMC, Oakland, Toledo, Wayne, Wright, EVMS, Quinnipiac.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have ties to W. Virginia, so I'll scrap that one for sure. I'm hoping to have enough clinical experience by the time I apply to go for Colorado since I have family there. Really just hoping my state school gives me some love this time around, but if I've got the funds for 14 schools covered, it seems a waste not to use them. Since pretty much everywhere is a reach for me due to my 29 mcat, it's hard to pick from so many options. I've been looking through the MSAR and there is just so much information! Thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Updated List:
Nebraska
Creighton
MCW
Rush
Penn State
Wake Forest
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
Vermont
Commonwealth
Colorado
Temple

Rowan
PCOM
UNECOM

Any other opinions?

Thanks to everyone who takes time to read and respond to these threads.

Since it's next door, you might want to try U IA.

goro suggests:

U IA, since it's next door.
Nebraska
Creighton
MCW
Rush
Penn State
Wake Forest
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
Commonwealth
Loyola
EVMS
Temple
All other new MD schools, except Hofstra
NYMC
Albany
Loma Linda (maybe)

Rowan
PCOM
DMU
CCOM
AT Still
MUCOM
Any other DO program

Any advice on schools I should add to the list or any I should remove? I will probably also apply to DO schools, but just trying to get the 14 MDs for FAP right now. Thanks to anyone willing to help out! :)[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user