Help with Target pharmacy tech interview questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cerulean345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

has anyone had a target technician interview before?
can anyone give any tips on how to prepare, what types of questions they ask?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys,

thanks

I think prepare as if it's the most important interview of your life- it's possible to get up to 5 people interviewing you. It's hard to get into Target but its worth it if you find a great team. :)

SnookiesOwner-- 6 years of Fast, Fun and Friendly Service @ Target :love:

hi guys,

thanks

I was offered a Target tech position last week. I had two people interviewing me and they asked the typical questions.

Why do you want to work here?
Tell us about a time you worked as a group to accomplish a goal. How do you know you were successful?

Prepare for these types of questions and you will do fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,

thanks

I got my current job as a pharm tech at Target by starting on the sales floor, then asking the pharmacist if he would train me. I told him I was studying pre-pharm and for the tech exam, etc.

My understanding of Target policy is that they are only allowed to hire from outside if you are a certified tech, preferably with experience. But some of the things that I see being important to Target are:
1. Great guest service- refering to customers as 'guests' will portray you as knowledgeable and on board with Target's culture
2. Give examples of how you like to have plenty of work to do and are willing to do non-pharmacy tasks- we are not allowed to stand around. There are almost always regular tasks to keep the pharmacy running smoothly, and as a last resort, we clean. On no request off days (i.e. black Thursday) you may be scheduled to cashier at the front lanes.
3. Probably obvious, but try to "connect" with the pharmacist. He or she will have a big part in the final decision based on who they like and get along with. You will be working in a fast passed and often stressful atmosphere, and it all goes much smoother if everyone gets along.
4. Other Target lingo- "team member" (employee), "brand" (it's a noun, verb, adjective or adverb used to describe anything in the store that should be a certain Target way), "lead/leader" (manager). Again, if you can work these into the conversation, it may help you.
5. Smile a lot. Not fake, obviously, but when I worked on the sales floor, I started my shifts telling myself "this is a great job and I love it," even when I didn't feel that way. The positive attiude will come across and they like that.

Good Luck! Target is a great company to work for!

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: Medical technician interview questions

Goodluck.

Last edited: