Help! With this old TBR Verbal Passage Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Young741

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep coming to a screeching halt when I just can't understand why I got an answer wrong, and I fear it may have something to do with the logic that I use to think through questions. I am quickly losing confidence because of the frequency of questions I get wrong because I didn't "get the basic point."

TBR Practice Passage I, page 52 - 61, question 6.

I read the answer key over and over, but I don't understand. The answer key points out that choosing such and such answer "would be a misunderstanding of this basic concept" or the answer that I chose fundamentally "goes against basic ideas of the passage".

For Question 6, my reasoning:

My logic for choosing answer choice A instead of B is because the the "rigid aesthetic law" is the biggest DIFFICULTY in appreciating classical music, but BECAUSE OF THAT we now "need to renegotiate our position relative to classical music," meaning that it can now be considered a tool for exploring freedom.

If someone could please, please read through the passage and offer some insight to how I should approach this question (in a method different than that offered by the answer key of the passage) and tell me why I'm wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.