Program-Specific Info / Q's Help with top 3 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KateRhae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My top three schools are (in order):

-MGH Institute OTD
-UNC Chapel Hill MOT
-SUNY Downstate MOT

Would everyone consider these schools as very hard to get into? By the time I apply in Fall 2016 I should have...

Cum GPA: 3.7
Pre req GPA: 3.6
Last 60 hours: 3.8
OT hours: 460 (in three different settings)
Lots of volunteer/leadership positions

Just curious as to who has applied to these programs before and been accepted/rejected! Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

UNC AND SUNY Downstate are super competitive. UNC more because they like keeping it in state, you know. SUNY Downstate has a great program, it's competitive, AND cheap. Idk, about MGH... That's a new program

UNC accepted 22 students (me being one of them) out of 250 applications. 16 out of the 22 are in-state students if that gives you any idea of how hard it is for an out-of-state student to get in. Everybody that applies has very good numbers, but it seems like those accepted all have something special that goes above and beyond the average student with good grades and lots of shadowing.

Thanks for your help. I am also going to apply to Temple. Other than that I am kind of lost as to where to apply. I need a school somewhere in a city. Any other ideas on where I should apply?