Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moonlight18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I took Jan Mcat and recently got my score back, and I don't even know what to do anymore!

MCAT score1st; 10P/7V/8B (july 2012)
2nd; 12P/5V/9B (july 2014)
3rd; 11P/4V/9B (Bummed!) took it on Jan 2015!

I am the first generation immigrant, and I came to United States when I was 18. I know it is not a good excuse for the bad verbal score. I have been practising on my verbal, seem like the nerves get the best of me. I was scoring 30-32 on AAMC 8,9. I couldn't sleep the night before the test, but i felt very calm and I felt like I did ok, at least scoring a 8 on verbal, that's why i didnt void it.

I applied to LECOM and attended the interview, but the application was currently on hold because I don't have a letter from DO. I have been reaching out to local osteopathic physicians but didnt hear back from them. I was planning to re-apply next year with the new mcat. But my confidence is pretty crushed. At this moment, I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel lost! But i know I wont give up. I just need a few days to pick my self up. I would be really appreciated if someone gives me advices.

Members don't see this ad.

If you get easily nervous, check out academic or career support services at your school to address such issues. Your verbal scores gotta change dramatically and I'd like to think it's your nerves coming as A non native English speaker that's causing this problem