Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inneedofhelp120

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my situation. I am 31 year old male who is a u.s. Citizen. I completed medical school in a Caribbean school and completed all my rotations. I failed step 1 on first try then passed on second try. then failed step 2 first try and then passed second try. I then tried to match for residency last year and did not get any interviews before the scramble, then during the scramble I got a phone interview from a school but didn't get the position. I then took the step 3 and passed on first attempt. This year I am once again trying to match for residency and once again did not get any interviews and with the scramble coming up in a few weeks I don't feel like I'm gonna match and I think I'm ****ed. I have applied for family care and did not apply for any specialities I also screened the programs I applied to and didn't apply if they auto-reject u for a fail. My question is brutal truth I'm ****ed right? What r the chances I'll get a spot this year in the scramble? And if not what do I do then? Do I even bother trying again next year? I have given my whole life to try and be a doctor and I don't think its gonna happen. My friends and family tell me not to give up but I think they r just being nice. Please tell me what u think about my situation truthfully I need to know thank u.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not that good... But not zero. The only thing you can do is try.

Could you work on the island where your med school was, get some experience, pay off some loans and reapply?