Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethdreamin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it absolutely pointless to apply this round with a low science GPA/high cumulative/strong DAT? AA 20+. Everything on application is great except science GPA of 2.9. Should I just apply next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you're not hitting the 3.0 mark unless you can score super high on the DAT or showing an improvement in the GPA over the past year or two.

Members don't see this ad :)
22 AA. I'd have 1o credit hours of A (2 science courses) completed by the first week of August. I'm contemplating, maybe I'll just submit my app late (first week of August), because my science GPA would then be around a low 3.0, which is better since I'll make more cut offs.

22 AA. I'd have 1o credit hours of A (2 science courses) completed by the first week of August. I'm contemplating, maybe I'll just submit my app late (first week of August), because my science GPA would then be around a low 3.0, which is better since I'll make more cut offs.

Since you have a high DAT score, trying this cycle is no brainer, especially if you plan on keep spending money on classes. I think you should apply earlier since it takes time for AADSAS to calculate your GPA after you submit your app. It can take over a month depending on the volume of applications, which is obviously greater when you apply later. You can update them after the grades come out and mention in your app that you will be getting As in your 10 credits.