HELP!! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreams2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I need some major help/advice! I was scheduled to take my DAT yesterday in a different state than the one in which I live, and I made the mistake of bringing insufficient ID :( I should've read the ID requirement part in the email I was sent more closely, but I was too caught up in studying. I deeply regret this.

Anyways, so I didn't have 2 acceptable signed IDs, and therefore I was not allowed to test. If I lived closeby I would've gone home quickly and obtained another ID. It was a waste of ~$580 total ($430 plus what I had paid to reschedule before)...but I'm willing to forget about the money as long as from here on out I can still take the DAT asap and not have this affect the timing of my application :( this was to be my first attempt. And I was so shattered because I was ready.

In the DAT eligibility email I got, it said I was eligible to take the DAT once between January 2016 and July 25, 2016. I called ADA and they told me since it was counted as a no-show I can apply to retest and not wait 90 days. So I don't think I can use the same eligibility ID/confirmation number; I think I have to submit a new testing application with my DENTPIN and have them approve it. My question to you guys is: How soon can I fill out a new application to test? Have any of you guys been in this situation? Can I apply the very next day?

Also, say I was trying to sign up for the DAT on July 29th. Realistically, is it possible to sign up for July 30th, or a few days later, or a week later. Would Prometric let me do that?

If anyone could share their experiences/advice I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried to register again?

I think you can sign up immediately- any word yet?