Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shareshab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GUTS , I TOOK DAT FOR SECOND TIME LAST YEAR AND I DID REALLY BAD ON READING (14) BUT DID GOOD ON SCIENCE (BIO=20, ORGO =21, GENERAL=22) PAT=18 , MATH = 13. I DID APPLY TO MANY SCHOOLS BUT NOW IAM ON WAITING LIST AT WESTERN AD MIDWESTERN TAHT'S ALL :( SO I AM TAKING DAT FOR 3RD TIME , BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE MY READING , I FEEL IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO IMPROVE MY READING SKILL :( ANY ADVICE:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Based on your writing skillz (or lack thereof), the info you've provided (only a 14 on second time), and your own feeling that it is impossible: give it up.

Yes, I am the party pooper.

In the long run you'll thank party poopers like me. You'll could save yourself a lot of time, effort, money, etc. This is time, effort, money etc that can be more wisely invested for your benefit elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on your writing skillz (or lack thereof), the info you've provided (only a 14 on second time), and your own feeling that it is impossible: give it up.

Yes, I am the party pooper.

In the long run you'll thank party poopers like me. You'll could save yourself a lot of time, effort, money, etc. This is time, effort, money etc that can be more wisely invested for your benefit elsewhere.

sorry but YOU ARE A JERK !

ouch tough crowd lol...is english your second language or anything? keep practicing reading random science journals, articles etc and practice in crack Reading and Qvault etc.... what was your GPA like?

retake improve math and reading, and worsen gen chem to even it out.

You seem like a sweet person to get these type of answers... I assume youre applying this cycle, so it is too late give my greatest advice....(disclaimer- I have not taken the DAT)

From your name I am guessing middle eastern. It doesnt matter.

Us Americans write to evoke emotion or facts mainly. So read for emotion and youll notice facts are there to support the emotion. Most efficient way I have read is to put yourself in the position of the writer (as if you are correcting your own paper). It will help you get in the mind of the writer. It takes time, but read slow before you try to read fast. Then build upon your skills like math, science or any other subject. I really feel that a good reader can put himself into any perspective, just like a good listener. Try to read slow and act like your the writer (even if you dont know anything about the topic). Hope that makes sense and helps. If it doesnt make sense put yourself in my eyes and read it like you wrote it(minus the bad grammar). Good Luck.