Helpful resources for premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lee.bear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has resources that they found helpful as a premed student, such as books, articles, websites, etc. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering if anyone has resources that they found helpful as a premed student, such as books, articles, websites, etc. Thanks!

Sign up for Medscape and start reading events regarding the ACA, medical business, and medical ethics. The field of medicine is very dynamic and the things that occur at the level of business and politics will shape your medical career down the road. So IMO reading these articles keeps you up to date with the field. The other categories (regarding medical practice) should not be your focus however as you will more than likely not understand what they are discussing.

I would also suggest reading "Doctored" by Sandeep Juahar. It's a phenomenal read and again, is a realistic POV of medicine and all the aspects you must encounter in the profession.

http://thelifeofapremed.tumblr.com (this has some pretty neat pictures that may help you down the road with courses and MCAT prep)

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Stick around here... You'll see some good stuff.

btw, Brown's logo is the epitome of "trying too hard."