Hematocrit and symptoms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MudPhud20XX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hematocrit below 20-25% gives syncope and chest pain. I get the syncope, but why chest pain?
Many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

How about you take Heme/onc and cardiovascular pathology before you not only understand this extremely simple concept, but are even able to tell what is 'high-yield' for Step.

First year, trying to say whats high-yield, give me a break, you've learned less than 10% of the material thats actually on the test.

Go study for MS1, you fricking MS1.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, why are you reviewing things you haven't learned? You should just be reading corresponding sections of FA that relate to your classes, not reading the entire thing & doing questions. This is useless if you haven't learned the material first.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, why are you reviewing things you haven't learned? You should just be reading corresponding sections of FA that relate to your classes, not reading the entire thing & doing questions. This is useless if you haven't learned the material first.

He's an MS1 using the Kaplan Videos, and no books.

It's hilarious to me, I know two separate people who spent 1st year focused on the boards right away, thinking they'd one up everyone.

Besides barely passing MS1 they still ended up with below average scores on step. I make fun of them all the time.

Hmm, there must be something about actually learning physiology/Micro etc., and having a strong foundation, rather than bruit force memorizing Robbins.

*****s.

Is it just me or are these forums getting even more hateful than they used to be? I dont understand what the OP did to deserve some of those responses.

How do you know the OP hasn't had hem/onc and CV path classes? Most schools are systems based now. Heck... My school taught CV pathology 1st semester of 1st year.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it just me or are these forums getting even more hateful than they used to be? I dont understand what the OP did to deserve some of those responses.

How do you know the OP hasn't had hem/onc and CV path classes? Most schools are systems based now. Heck... My school taught CV pathology 1st semester of 1st year.

Ask him, lol.

You'll start throwing rocks too.

It's not hateful, so much as when you see someone going down a bad road, you put them in their place.

But hey, we are only in the business of saving lives, it's okay when people half-ass their education yeah?

#loveyou <3

Hey Ionian,

I had to report your posts for using "f" words and being very cynical. If for some reason my question/comment annoy you, just mind your own business or you can perhaps help me out with my questions. I was trying to figure out how does ischemia stimulate the pain sensation which I believe is still not clear to many people. Just trying to see others thoughts. And I do think such a question is a low yield topic since board is not going to ask something that we still don't understand, right?

This is a website for posting questions and I fear that your attitude discourage others to post their questions because of the fear they may get a respond like yours.

I get the idea that it upsets you to hear an MS1 making such a comment about the board. My apology then.

By the way, I flunked my MS2 and am repeating MS1 (our school's policy to repeat if you don't do well in MS2), so yes I am MS1, but a desperate one trying to survive medical school and pass the board. Above all, I am trying to understand concepts intuitively by my heart and was hoping smart people like you could help me out.

Thanks!

Hey Ionian,
I had to report you for using the "f" word...
By the way, I flunked my MS2 and am repeating MS1 (our school's policy to repeat if you don't do well in MS2), so yes I am MS1, but a desperate one trying to survive medical school and pass the board. Above all, I am trying to understand concepts intuitively by my heart and was hoping smart people like you could help me out.

Failed, called it.

When I'm right, I'm right.

You're doing a lot wrong, and its so painfully obvious, I called it months ago.

Accept it, learn from it, and learn how to deal with the word "frick", I guess that means you should also grow up too.

Yes, it is annoying for me, like I said months ago to you, you're lazy, and no amount of posting here is going to help you until you go out and starting learning the most basic of concepts on your own.

If you need to be spoon fed, you're not going to make it in this field, cause I guarantee you, when you really get out there, there isn't going to be a forum and kaplan videos to keep you a float, its just you.

Peace.

Alright, you are right. I am doing a lot wrong. I need to accept the word "frick" as you said.

I am lazy and want to be spoon fed and I may not make it to the field.

However, you won't prevent me from working hard and trying to figure things out via SDN.

Thanks for our honest thoughts.

Hopefully you'll leave me alone and not waste your time on this poor failed med student in the future.

Your points are fully taken. Good luck.

Decreased oxygen supply to the subendocardium?

should be this. one model is that pain sensation in angina is carried by visceral pain fibers which course along with sympathetics for that corresponding dermatome.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Ionian,

I had to report your posts for using "f" words and being very cynical. If for some reason my question/comment annoy you, just mind your own business or you can perhaps help me out with my questions. I was trying to figure out how does ischemia stimulate the pain sensation which I believe is still not clear to many people. Just trying to see others thoughts. And I do think such a question is a low yield topic since board is not going to ask something that we still don't understand, right?

This is a website for posting questions and I fear that your attitude discourage others to post their questions because of the fear they may get a respond like yours.

I get the idea that it upsets you to hear an MS1 making such a comment about the board. My apology then.

Thanks!

What are you, 12? Sorry about your situation, but when I'm stuck, I usually search google like mad instead of asking random people to spoon feed me information. That's the attitude you'll have to first fix if you want to survive medical school.

What are you, 12? Sorry about your situation, but when I'm stuck, I usually search google like mad instead of asking random people to spoon feed me information. That's the attitude you'll have to first fix if you want to survive medical school.

what's the point of this forum if we all can just google the information? sometimes it helps to have a discussion or see what other people think. often times, the explanations by other students trumps what official sources say.

Reactions: 1 users