Hep B Vaccine Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPBC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I received my first Hep B vaccine shot last month and about two weeks later developed a few hives on my arms and one on my neck. They are fairly persistent raised red patches somewhat warm to the touch. Any thoughts on if these were caused by the vaccine? I'm scheduled to get my second shot in a few days and need some input if anyone feels these was caused be the vaccine. And, if I discontinue the shots, does that mean I'm out of medschool (as they require the vaccinations)? I do have a derm appointment scheduled but need your input.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I received my first Hep B vaccine shot last month and about two weeks later developed a few hives on my arms and one on my neck. They are fairly persistent raised red patches somewhat warm to the touch. Any thoughts on if these were caused by the vaccine? I'm scheduled to get my second shot in a few days and need some input if anyone feels these was caused be the vaccine. And, if I discontinue the shots, does that mean I'm out of medschool (as they require the vaccinations)? I do have a derm appointment scheduled but need your input.
Thanks.

Here's some advice: go see your doctor. It's against the rules to ask for medical advice here, even if you are a med student.

Hi,
Thanks.

No medical advice here. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.