Heparin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtropaBeladonna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Can somebody explain why Heparin causes hematomas if given IM?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain to me what the number is to 911?

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone explain to me why a pharmacist can't change change Vicodin ES 7.5 to Norco 7.5/325 even if you call the prescriber?

Can someone explain to me why a pharmacist can't change change Vicodin ES 7.5 to Norco 7.5/325 even if you call the prescriber?

Go ahead and do it if you want the patient to overdose on Tylenol

Reactions: 1 user

Check with your state BOP regarding what you can and cannot do. I'm in California and routinely make this sort of change after a brief discussion with the prescriber.
Go ahead and do it if you want the patient to overdose on Tylenol
Brand name Vicodin has been reformulated to contain 300 mg of apap

Brand name Vicodin has been reformulated to contain 300 mg of apap

Yeah, so by switching from Vicodin to Norco the patient would be getting more Tylenol.

The post was sarcastic anyways

It's based on arcane statements the DEA made about changing things on CII scripts. The drug name is one thing they either forbade changing, or left up to states to decide whether or not it is ok. And the APAP content differs for some of these hydrocodone products, so they aren't all interchangeable.

wow - jokes go right over people's head

Reactions: 2 users