Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Old news. i dont live in TX.
I must of missed it. Where are you at now? The Florida west coast? Sedona Arizona? Hilton Head Island South Carolina?

I got about 5 weeks left before I return to DFW to make that "big" trip across the pond. Yee-haw!

I must of missed it. Where are you at now? The Florida west coast? Sedona Arizona? Hilton Head Island South Carolina?

I got about 5 weeks left before I return to DFW to make that "big" trip across the pond. Yee-haw!

West coast. decided to get off the road.

You leaving again?

Yeah...I'm leaving for three years in Germany. I thought I'd told you that!

I Wish I could live in Germany for a few years. It's truly a more advanced civilization than the United States.

Oh well, I guess I'll just sit on my pile of night shift pharmacist money and 7 days off in a row every other week...

I Wish I could live in Germany for a few years. It's truly a more advanced civilization than the United States.

Oh well, I guess I'll just sit on my pile of night shift pharmacist money and 7 days off in a row every other week...
Don't worry...I will write you a post with reviews on Aldi Sud and Aldi Nord if I make it up north!

Members don't see this ad :)
So here in California, people think BBQ means cooked tri-tip lathered with some sauce. I miss good BBQ.

So I found this custom made smoker on Craigslist for $125.

BBQ brisket, here we go. :thumbup:

mg4169.jpg

mg4170.jpg

mg4171.jpg

The smoker is amazing. Keeps the temperature steady and creates enormous amount of smoke for a very long time. I don't know where and who made this thing. The dude I bought from also bought it on craigslist from a dude. Neither fellas knew how to work this smoker.

I had to rig the interior some to make it work....where the meat sits right next to the thermometer and away from the heat.

This smoker is a gem.

Steelhead... ahhhh... I got the first timer's skunk. But I'm getting my fishing gear ready..and studying the local lakes, river, and streams. Can't wait.

20120225212334.jpg

The smoker is amazing. Keeps the temperature steady and creates enormous amount of smoke for a very long time. I don't know where and who made this thing. The dude I bought from also bought it on craigslist from a dude. Neither fellas knew how to work this smoker.

I had to rig the interior some to make it work....where the meat sits right next to the thermometer and away from the heat.

This smoker is a gem.

Steelhead... ahhhh... I got the first timer's skunk. But I'm getting my fishing gear ready..and studying the local lakes, river, and streams. Can't wait.

Looks amazing! I'll be making seafood paella for dinner party tonight for friends.

Does the octagonal shape serve a specific purpose?

You fly fishing out there?

Yes......fly fishing.
Octagon shape is probably due to using flat steel panel too thick to make a cylinder by the welder.

Whats in the seafood?

Yes......fly fishing.
Octagon shape is probably due to using flat steel panel too thick to make a cylinder by the welder.

Whats in the seafood?

Shrimp, clams, mussels, squid, lobster. Sorry, no crawfish.

Btw, kudos to you. Was out on business the other night...was the only other person (woman at that), who knew what "noodling" was. Though maybe I shouldn't have admit that? ;)

Lol can you believe theres a reality show based on noodling?

Not a whole lotta muddy water and catfish here. just snow melt spring fed rivers and lakes with salmonoids.....

What you gonna shoot with that thing

I looked on your Facebook...you aren't lying.

Japan relief...did he actually go over there? If so, good for him.

I think I'll spend the next 10 minutes of my life perusing your photos for something to make fun of.

I looked on your Facebook...you aren't lying.

Japan relief...did he actually go over there? If so, good for him.

I think I'll spend the next 10 minutes of my life perusing your photos for something to make fun of.

Lol, yes, he and my Mom lived there for a few years. Were there for the quake.

Don't need this:

triggerg.jpg

I have this:

DSC_0010.jpg

People don't want to get close....