Hey guys... avatar change!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok so I lurked around the Disney game and I totally do not understand what the heck is going on.....

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so I lurked around the Disney game and I totally do not understand what the heck is going on.....

You'd really have to read it from the beginning. Or actually play. I lurked on the dog sanctuary and it did help me be less of a noob when I played.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hunger Games... District 4 Fishing :D

I think my avatar is the hunger games logo but I don't really know. I googled hunger games and this is what I got.

Finally realized I needed an avatar!

It's my kitty that we had to euthanize last year for complete renal failure and respiratory issues. My whole family misses her very much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Such a cute face! I'm glad she had such a good home:love:
Thanks :) She was seriously the best cat we've ever had. She was a stray, so she was super smart, she loved to sleep curled up against me, and she knew how to give kisses.

:( Talking about her is making me miss her so much.

Thanks :) She was seriously the best cat we've ever had. She was a stray, so she was super smart, she loved to sleep curled up against me, and she knew how to give kisses.

:( Talking about her is making me miss her so much.

I LOVE how the strays are the super smart ones. Mine run circles around my poor Persian. Well, at least she has her looks.

I LOVE how the strays are the super smart ones. Mine run circles around my poor Persian. Well, at least she has her looks.

Oh, there was a dramatic difference between her and my other cat, who was a Ragdoll. They're not known for their brains. He used to sit and stare at the floor for hours on end. And once fell down from the upper level to the lower level of my house... twice. :p

My first kitty was 24 when I had to put her down and I still love her so very much (I have her paw print tattooed above my heart- 2yo when I got her) but I gotta say, I really really love my kitty I adopted last year. He was a stray that was so skinny and sick from dental disease when someone brought him. We pulled every one of his teeth and he has a permanently irritated eye from a terrible ulcer he had but he is the sweetest most loving boy. I named him Hobo:D:love:

I changed my hunger games avatar to rep my district.

I did a search for district 3 avatars and couldn't tell if anything I found was related to the game....will wait until I start reading book (amazoned it yday)

I did a search for district 3 avatars and couldn't tell if anything I found was related to the game....will wait until I start reading book (amazoned it yday)
I searched hunger games district 3. I found something similar to what other people were using. Apparently we are the technology district. There is a reason I modded Disney strictly with pen and paper :laugh:

I searched hunger games district 3. I found something similar to what other people were using. Apparently we are the technology district. There is a reason I modded Disney strictly with pen and paper :laugh:
At least you educated me on how to properly insert pictures. And I used a spreadsheet & ms word for my modding.

I'm playing in 2 games therefore I needed a dual avatar.

That game had to be the theme eventually! lol Good thing I didn't sign up for it though, because I never played it.
I haven't played the video game, nor read the book. I am sure I will manage somehow. (I ordered the book to arrive on Friday, meanwhile it is not showing up until Monday. Not sure I will still be alive on Monday evening when I get it( based on how quickly so-called veterans have been killed). :(

I haven't played the video game, nor read the book. I am sure I will manage somehow. (I ordered the book to arrive on Friday, meanwhile it is not showing up until Monday. Not sure I will still be alive on Monday evening when I get it( based on how quickly so-called veterans have been killed). :(

Good luck! :luck: I like the games better when I actually know a little bit about the story..

Anyone know how to resize a gif to fit SDN's limits? :(

Reactions: 1 user
there is a resizer on the emoticon wars thread on page 2 or 3 - SOV posted it - you have to upload the gif then feck around with it a lot

there is a resizer on the emoticon wars thread on page 2 or 3 - SOV posted it - you have to upload the gif then feck around with it a lot

Sweet, thanks!

The only reason I ever change avatars anymore is for WW games. I have lost my online persona.

How will anyone ever get to know me?

2 cents for whoever can guess what Watson is shouting in this avatar

The only reason I ever change avatars anymore is for WW games. I have lost my online persona.

How will anyone ever get to know me?

2 cents for whoever can guess what Watson is shouting in this avatar

Easy Peazy. "HOLMES" and I don't want your two cents. We get enough of it around here. ;) :smuggrin:

I miss this thread. Back when an avatar meant something and changing it was a reason to post about and wasn't just because of a new ww game.
There are posts on this page about changing it for a WW game :p

That said I do like my regular avatar and so I only change it for a game if mods specifically request it/give some kind of incentive

There are posts on this page about changing it for a WW game :p

Your point?

Yeah, for the first few ww games, people would post in this thread. Then ww became a constant thing and it was pointless to mention your avatar changed again for the 34234534523 time.

It used to be that people would have good avatars and would change when it suited them and wasn't forced upon them or suggested with "incentives". I used to have a folder of images and gifs to use as future avatars on SDN and WW ruined it because it became required to change avatar to a specific theme. I don't like it. I'm not on SDN for ww, it is fun and I enjoy playing, but my profile isn't a reflection of ww, it is a reflection of me and I want my avatar to be the same.

Your point?

Yeah, for the first few ww games, people would post in this thread. Then ww became a constant thing and it was pointless to mention your avatar changed again for the 34234534523 time.

It used to be that people would have good avatars and would change when it suited them and wasn't forced upon them or suggested with "incentives". I used to have a folder of images and gifs to use as future avatars on SDN and WW ruined it because it became required to change avatar to a specific theme. I don't like it. I'm not on SDN for ww, it is fun and I enjoy playing, but my profile isn't a reflection of ww, it is a reflection of me and I want my avatar to be the same.
Just poking fun, didn't really have a point :shrug:

I can definitely see your point and the avatar changing should probably be more optional. I think it had been in most of the recent games though. Arcanum was the first one where I changed my avatar since...July I think?

Just poking fun, didn't really have a point :shrug:

I can definitely see your point and the avatar changing should probably be more optional. I think it had been in most of the recent games though. Arcanum was the first one where I changed my avatar since...July I think?

There shouldn't even be a mention of an avatar change in any ww game. Not even incentives to change it because clearly you aren't running a balanced game if you are handing out a benefit to whoever happens to change an avatar, even if that benefit is small.

If ww only happened once every so many months or once a year then I could see the avatar change being fine, but it has become annoying to change an avatar or be provided a benefit in a game every so many weeks since ww has become such a common thing. Though it is slowing down some lately.

I don't keep my avatars long enough to ever be associated with it. I think it acts more like a mood ring for me. And I love delving into WW themes, so I will always find one that both fits who I am and is in line with the story, but that's just how I roll.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
I don't keep my avatars long enough to ever be associated with it. I think it acts more like a mood ring for me. And I love delving into WW themes, so I will always find one that both fits who I am and is in line with the story, but that's just how I roll.
giphy.gif
I've been having such a crappy day but seeing that just made my day so much better!

Reactions: 1 user