Hey guys... avatar change!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AWWWHHHHWWW! I've never seen one before and the one tabby picture that i have seen I swore was photoshopped. I finally was crusing cat breeds trying to figure out if our new boys were somewhat exotic when I came across this! :love: It'll match the corgi that I want one day! :laugh:

The pair we have are white with black. They are so. cute. I want one in each color.

Members don't see this ad.

... so I changed my avatar and now it's gigantic.

Any clue what's up with that/how to shrink?

Hmm you could remove the picture and photoshop it to the correct size or use MS paint to get it to the correct size. Alas I have forgotten what that correct size is. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
... so I changed my avatar and now it's gigantic.

Any clue what's up with that/how to shrink?

Here you go, sweetie. :)

I dunno why they still haven't fixed the auto-resize function...

Attachments

• abby.jpg
    abby.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 388
Here you go, sweetie. :)

I dunno why they still haven't fixed the auto-resize function...

Thanks Rhi!

It was rather funny scrolling down a thread and seeing my mare's humongous head popping out at everyone.... but I figured it was probably pissing everyone else off,lol.

In lieu of current hockey watching... changed my avatar.
GO FLYERS :D

Ok, being new around here, I haven't quite figured out how to change the title above my avatar...?

Members don't see this ad :)
Posted this clip because it makes me laugh every time I see it. BUT it looks like it is taking up too much space on the screen. Any thoughts on how to make it smaller?

I wish SDN wouldn't let me make changes that aren't kosher.

SOV, go here:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

Upload it, change the width down to 160 using the resize, save it to your computer, and then upload it again.
Ok that worked. Now I don't have to worry about Minnerbelle giving me a violation.

Thanks for the help, TT. I know you gave me that website once before, but I didn't think it would work with a clip as well. Now I know.

Any shouldn't you be either be studying or having fun with the hubby?

I am studying. Sorta. Stupid nerves.

Now it looks all wavy and stuff. Trippy.

FYI, I found this summer that knowing where the nerves go in general makes it much easier to remember what they innervate. I found that 90+% of the time that gave me the right innervation. Maybe that is obvious to you, but it wasn't to me initially. Good luck .

FYI, I found this summer that knowing where the nerves go in general makes it much easier to remember what they innervate. I found that 90+% of the time that gave me the right innervation. Maybe that is obvious to you, but it wasn't to me initially. Good luck .

Well, this is the first one over nerves so far. I'm going to have to put a bit of effort still into remembering them all, but hopefully it goes okay. I'll try to tie where they go and what they do together in my head - seems like a good idea.

Try this one, it's a bit less... trippy.

boleycameraman.gif

ETA: Plus it says "TOUCHDOWN" which makes it more funny. ;)

I have a slightly unhealthy my little pony addiction.

SOV, if SDN doesn't have a upload limit that makes it need compression, try this one:

fQKS5.gif

(I can't test it because us bronze donors only get 125x125 avatars. ;p)

Last edited:
Thanks for the improved images. I guess this isn't the most difficult to find image around huh!

Can you explain to me how the event in your avatar occurred? I just keep watching it over and over again in confusion and pain...

Can you explain to me how the event in your avatar occurred? I just keep watching it over and over again in confusion and pain...

Defensive player scored a TD (after picking up a fumble); In his excitement to "celebrate" he tries to throw the football against the wall (a common enough event), but doesn't look where is throwing and nails a poor spectator instead (the spectator is actually an intern for his team the Giants). He (defensive player Michael Boley) insists he did not mean to hit the person.

No damage done so we can all laugh about it.

Defensive player scored a TD (after picking up a fumble); In his excitement to "celebrate" he tries to throw the football against the wall (a common enough event), but doesn't look where is throwing and nails a poor spectator instead (the spectator is actually an intern for his team the Giants). He (defensive player Michael Boley) insists he did not mean to hit the person.

No damage done so we can all laugh about it.

Oh god but my face hurts just looking at it. It kinda looks like he didn't even notice he wrecked that dude after he threw it.

Oh god but my face hurts just looking at it. It kinda looks like he didn't even notice he wrecked that dude after he threw it.

The guys face was red for hours after the game but no damage. Some criticized the player for not apologizing....it is unclear if he did notice it or not.

The guys face was red for hours after the game but no damage. Some criticized the player for not apologizing....it is unclear if he did notice it or not.

He didn't apologize? :( I don't think he meant to do it from the little clip, and it doesn't seem like he even saw what happened... but kid deserves a sorry, at least! Though I guess I would be satisfied with viral fame if I was in his shoes...

Ok that worked. Now I don't have to worry about Minnerbelle giving me a violation.

lol, you know, I'm not the only snitch on the forum! ANYONE can push that report button for an obnoxiously huge avatar (or perhaps for such a violent and offensive image) ;).

I bet that intern is prob a lil elated at least for having a story to tell his grandkids, complete with a video and all.

The Giants lost to the Seattle Seahawks at home last week and now you are deciding to advertise that you are a fan SOV? :laugh:

Hey, being a football fan is like believing in religion. You just gotta have faith. Sometimes you are rewarded with miracles (David Tyree's catch in superbowl), and sometimes the capricious gods give a game like Giants vs Seahawks....

Psh.. Giants... 'nuf said . Lol (Go Eagles! minus vick, yeah yeah i know)

Changing back to me and my pony, Southern Belle. :D

Hey, being a football fan is like believing in religion. You just gotta have faith. Sometimes you are rewarded with miracles (David Tyree's catch in superbowl), and sometimes the capricious gods give a game like Giants vs Seahawks....

Hey I'm perfectly happy with both of those outcomes; I like the Giants alright cause the Mara family is good people (letting me shower and crash in a nice cushy apartment in midtown after an overnight bus trek from Pittsburgh = awesome) and the Seahawks win knocked out like 75% of the competition in a survivor pool I'm in this season. ;)

(I bleed Steeler black and gold though)

Hey, being a football fan is like believing in religion. You just gotta have faith. Sometimes you are rewarded with miracles ('s catch in superbowl), and sometimes the capricious gods give a game like Giants vs Seahawks....

Amen, fellow G-men fan, AMEN!!

Switched again. I was tired of the old clip (lasted only 3 weeks).

This one combines animals and flying, so right up my alley!

So I've probably watched this clip for a few minutes now and can't figure out at all what is going on.
Please explain?

So I've probably watched this clip for a few minutes now and can't figure out at all what is going on.
Please explain?

Dog is in the back of an airplane that starts to experience zero gravity. It is not "tied down" so it floats around the cockpit!

Many people don't realize you don't need to be in outer space to experience zero gravity.... It can be simulated in flight in the air!

Dog is in the back of an airplane that starts to experience zero gravity. It is not "tied down" so it floats around the cockpit!

Many people don't realize you don't need to be in outer space to experience zero gravity.... It can be simulated in flight in the air!

Haha. Now that I know what's going on, it's kind of amusing to keep watching. Poor silly confused puppy!

startingovervet, ignore my PM to you lol. gawd i can't stop laughing.

How near weightlessness is done in aircraft (for those interested):

To create a weightless environment, the airplane flies in a six-mile long parabolic arc, first climbing, then entering a powered dive. During the arc, the propulsion and steering of the aircraft are controlled such that the drag (air resistance) on the plane is canceled out, leaving the plane to behave as it would if it were free-falling in a vacuum. During this period, the plane's occupants experience about 25 seconds of weightlessness, before experiencing about 25 seconds of 2 g acceleration (twice their normal weight) during the pull-out from the parabola.

To create a weightless environment, the airplane flies in a six-mile long parabolic arc, first climbing, then entering a powered dive. During the arc, the propulsion and steering of the aircraft are controlled such that the drag (air resistance) on the plane is canceled out, leaving the plane to behave as it would if it were free-falling in a vacuum. During this period, the plane's occupants experience about 25 seconds of weightlessness, before experiencing about 25 seconds of 2 g acceleration (twice their normal weight) during the pull-out from the parabola.

:thumbup:

Super cool, but I feel a bit barfy just reading the paragraph.

Indeed. I actually anded up having a dream last night where my sister was flying us from one place to another and tried to do this. I woke up close to hyperventilaing....

One day, I'll get over my fear of flying....one day.

SOV - is that the same way that they do it with the really big planes that train NASA people? 25 seconds just really isn't that long!

Indeed. I actually anded up having a dream last night where my sister was flying us from one place to another and tried to do this. I woke up close to hyperventilaing....

One day, I'll get over my fear of flying....one day.

SOV - is that the same way that they do it with the really big planes that train NASA people? 25 seconds just really isn't that long!
As far as I know that is correct, but I am no expert! Most pilots spent their time flying straight and level.

Um. SO COOL.
If I won the lottery or something and suddenly found myself in tons of money, I would LOVE to take flying lessons. (Along with the 1000 other things on the lottery-winning-money list...)

Super cool, but I feel a bit barfy just reading the paragraph.

I showed my bf this video, then we did that thing where you just click on video after video, and he forced me to watch one where they experience this- but a girl is barfing in a plastic bag, and when the gravity 'comes back' it all comes out the bag and all over her face... i just about died when I saw it...:thumbdown:

New avatar :] Too cute to pass up.