Hey Guys , MCAT study time question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THEWORLDCUP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

From those of who have scored a 30+ score. My brother( graduated already) has been studying since end of july an is planning on taking the MCAT Jan 23rd( so am I lol) . He is going to study every single day ( 12 hours a day) full time till January, as so he says. His plan was the 3 month SN2ed schedule, then 2 months and 3 weeks of practice tests. Do you guys think that is enough time to do well? I see people on here studying for like 9 months , but im sure they have classes going on ect. If you have experience with this exam and have conquered it, please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get a 30+ but from experience your bro will burn out. That's what happened to me and I barely missed it. I studied a lot and then a month or 2 before the test I burned out so much that my test scores started going down. 12 hours is just way too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, originally posted in wrong thread, sorry.

Staying with topic, I thought I could study 4+ hours a day too, but that's simply not the case when you sit down and do a 100 questions that are all passage-based. You work up your stamina to it, even when you do content review. If he can truly sit still for 12 hours, all the power to him.

Last edited:
See if you can audit out of that community college class (taking the class without it affecting your grades). I would definitely do some sort of refresher before attempting chem 2.

Lol, wrong thread?

The Sn2ed schedule already incorporates practice tests.

@puppylatte

Try going somewhere without your phone/interent. That's how I churned out 60+ days in a row of 10-12 hours/day studying.

Reactions: 1 users
The burnout is ****in real if you make studying your full time job!

I thought there was no way it'd happen to me this summer but it did.

Yes, what I'm getting gathering from other people is that the burn out is definitely real, and your scores can peak then drop if you wait too long. But it could be subjective lol

12 hrs a day is way too much. I scored a 37 studying only 3-4 hours a day. He will get burned out, trust me, the last week leading to my exam I just couldn't focus any more...

But again, everyone's different.

Best of luck.