Hey Ryanbeckworth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need your opinion. I want to know if I am competitive for Dermatology in Washington state. I have a 245 on step 1, am ranked #12 of 104 at a school that is ranked USNWR #32, I have honored all third year stuff except surgery. I have gotten my names on two papers but they were only published in second rate journals. I was a class rep my freshman year, and I gave tours to applying students.

Will I match?

Let me know tonight.

Members don't see this ad.

no. you have no chance whatsoever of matching. you need at least a 246 on step 1 and you need to be in the top 10 of your class to match in derm. plus, you don't go to a top 25 school. this should all have been in the brochures that the derm residencies send out to applicants. sorry to be the one breaking it to you. hope this reaches you in time. :smuggrin:

I don't think that you will match because your user name is "pathstudent". That suggests to me that you may be destined for pathology. I'm pretty psychic that way. :)

That should put you over the top, if the coke bottle glasses didn't already convince them that you're the ultra-nerdy type they're seeking.