HG/HP WW sign ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games vs. Don't know/care

• The Boy Who Lived

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • The Odds are Never in Our Favor

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Don't know/care

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
@StartingoverVet...what actually happened w/ your block on WTF the night Genny was killed? Wtf was told her kill went through without issue. Colored a lot of people's strategy for the rest of the game, I've been insatiably curious....
No idea. @kaydubs ?

I assume my blocking didn't block wolf kills (as I even mentioned it often/usually doesn't).
Or you have to block the exact person doing the killing?

Really no idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I have to apologize to every person I ever convert omg I'M SORRY :laugh:
Haha! I enjoy being converted most of the time, but I've been a wolf quite a bit lately so was actually excited to be villager for a bit. No worries! I always love a good challenge, and you certainly presented me with a doozy!! :biglove:

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome game to read, sad I got killed early! My dragon ability was a 50/50 chance to kill/block (every 3 nights).

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I have to apologize to every person I ever convert omg I'M SORRY :laugh:
Um first conversion ever, I was super excited!! I made a happy squeaking noise and got a really weird look in rounds when I saw the PM. No ragrets.

Sorry for being so nonchalant about leaving you alone after my lynch, but you know, lulz. :D

Thanks for letting me play with y'all. I really enjoyed my first game! :) I'm excited to play again.

Reactions: 6 users
Um first conversion ever, I was super excited!! I made a happy squeaking noise and got a really weird look in rounds when I saw the PM. No ragrets.

Sorry for being so nonchalant about leaving you alone after my lynch, but you know, lulz. :D
Well I am glad for that choice then :D

No idea. @kaydubs ?

I assume my blocking didn't block wolf kills (as I even mentioned it often/usually doesn't).

Really no idea.
I think @kaydubs was tired of my stupid noob questions and weird item requests, so she decided to have a "mod oops" to put me out of my misery and let me study for finals. :)

Or more likely, it could be those other things you mentioned...:nod: :shrug:

• Love
I think @kaydubs was tired of my stupid noob questions and weird item requests, so she decided to have a "mod oops" to put me out of my misery and let me study for finals. :)

Or more likely, it could be those other things you mentioned...:nod: :shrug:
All I was told was that you died. I rarely heard who did it.

Actually.. What came out of Jilary's injured attacker? I know one of her attackers got sprayed by her acid.

Oh, that was the other amusing thing, both packs attacking jilary n1. Someone protected me so I wasn't the one who got sprayed.

Cyndia got sprayed but it was just a night-kill avoidance, no consequences came of it.

I actually thought people might suspect you if we killed Jil night 1 after your comments last game about killing people who had recently made it to endgame. Too close for comfort there. :p

Cyndia got sprayed but it was just a night-kill avoidance, no consequences came of it.

I actually thought people might suspect you if we killed Jil night 1 after your comments last game about killing people who made it to endgame recently. :p
Lol that was actually my kill strategy for the first...idk, 5 nights? Nobody brought it up :laugh:

Thanks mods. Sorry i was gone a lot at endgame. Busy weekend :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I'm never forgiving myself for not killing lupin on the grounds of her doth protesting too much, ugh.

I don't think I'm never forgiving myself for not killing lupin on the grounds of her doth protesting too much, ugh.
The problem is that I fight just as hard when I am village. Honestly, I play everything the exact same except for that one little lie about being a wolf. It will happen again that I am lynched when I am villager. haha

The problem is that I fight just as hard when I am village. Honestly, I play everything the exact same except for that one little lie about being a wolf. It will happen again that I am lynched when I am villager. haha
That's exactly why I didn't do it. I was certain the wolf was you or kcough, and I made the mistake of believing you.

That's exactly why I didn't do it. I was certain the wolf was you or kcough, and I made the mistake of believing you.

You were awesome though! I went and had myself a subway footlong because I needed a consolation prize in the event that KC had another kill avoidance and FFM was lynched next and I put everyone through all those extra nights to no end. :laugh:

I'm really, really sorry by the way. I didn't want to kill you early again :(
But you had no problem attacking me n1. :yeahright:

Seriously, I would have survived if I had only been attacked by one person, but I was targeted by the lone wolf and the pack?!?!

Oh and this was me the past few days watching Lupin dodge lynches :bang::wtf::bang::wtf:

But you had no problem attacking me n1. :yeahright:

Seriously, I would have survived if I had only been attacked by one person, but I was targeted by the lone wolf and the pack?!?!

Oh and this was me the past few days watching Lupin dodge lynches :bang::wtf::bang::wtf:
You survived to endgame two games in a row, meanwhile PBC died early like 3 or 4 in a row. Like I said, my strategy for kills in the first part of this game wasn't much of a strategy...just picking people who were alive at the end of last game.

You were awesome though! I went and had myself a subway footlong because I needed a consolation prize in the event that KC had another kill avoidance and FFM was lynched next and I put everyone through all those extra nights to no end. :laugh:
Funny story, I would've had another kill avoidance but I interpreted the mods incorrectly when they told me my ability. The magic number was at least 3 (which I think meant that after 3 there was some percentage chance I would still survive). I thought it meant any kind of death, lynch or attack but it sounds like they only meant it to be for wolf attacks. I apparently managed to convince them to let me use it for a lynch avoidance, but in compromise they removed all of my remaining death avoidance :p So after that lynch I was 100% vulnerable

Well, @thedrjojo distinctly told me Lupin was a good wolf and not to trust her. I chose not to listen to his advice and then she killed me. Sorry Jojo, should of listened!

Hey @Lupin21, why did you kill me when you did? I was still defending you and was probably going to try and throw the blame onto Filly next lynch lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Well, @thedrjojo distinctly told me Lupin was a good wolf and not to trust her. I chose not to listen to his advice and then she killed me. Sorry Jojo, should of listened!

Hey @Lupin21, why did you kill me when you did? I was still defending you and was probably going to try and throw the blame onto Filly next lynch lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Because you were one without a kill condition and I needed FB and FFM to make it past all the other kill avoidance roles. It made me sad though, and you definitely were right to trust me as we managed to catch all the wolves together before that fateful N12. :)

Posting restrictions...... :yeahright:

And haven't been a wolf in a good long time.

But good game. I just was randomly typing in some combo of cute and harry potter for my pictures.

/fuzzy terrorist

Reactions: 3 users
Because you were one without a kill condition and I needed FB and FFM to make it past all the other kill avoidance roles. It made me sad though, and you definitely were right to trust me as we managed to catch all the wolves together before that fateful N12. :)
Hey there, I need some dat wolf catching credit. :p could have been a very interesting game if WZ had converted you first, me second.

In particular I felt pretty bad for Kam having both of us push her to seer WTF at the same time.... I probably would have killed me fairly quick instead of having to lie to both of us.

Hey there, I need some dat wolf catching credit. :p could have been a very interesting game if WZ had converted you first, me second.

In particular I felt pretty bad for Kam having both of us push her to seer WTF at the same time.... I probably would have killed me fairly quick instead of having to lie to both of us.

We'd been trying a combo of silencing/killing-without-doing-it-ourselves on Lupin for a few days for this very reason. She was on to Wtf from super early on. Had to go divergent with my stories to both of you towards the end. Told Lupin I was seering WTF that night, after failing to petrify her, and went for broke trying to force WZ to kill her for us. Mods said it was allowed (role description was "can force any other player to do anything you want" though I wasn't allowed to compel players to protect/block/kill themselves/etc) but I'm guessing either Zoo was the only one I had no effect on, or they were just screwing with us for giggles.

Ended up being crazy fun watching her play at the end though, so I'm glad we had so much trouble with it.

Last edited:
We'd been trying a combo of silencing/killing-without-doing-it-ourselves on Lupin for a few days for this very reason. She was on to Wtf from super early on. Had to go divergent with my stories to both of you towards the end. Told Lupin I was seering WTF that night, after failing to petrify her, and went for broke trying to force WZ to kill her for us. Mods said it was allowed (role description was "can force any other player to do anything you want" though I wasn't allowed to compel players to protect/block/kill themselves/etc) but I'm guessing either Zoo was the only one I had no affect on, or they were just screwing with us for giggles.

Ended up being crazy fun watching her play at the end though, so I'm glad we had so much trouble with it.
I never got any notification about it so I wonder if it was on a night I was protected. Or I could be making up that I was protected on more than one night. It was a long game...

I never got any notification about it so I wonder if it was on a night I was protected. Or I could be making up that I was protected on more than one night. It was a long game...

We were told in our results we couldn't force you to do anything, but it was the same night you were silenced, so I guessed you hadn't been protected or you couldn't have been silenced. Not sure though.

We were told in our results we couldn't force you to do anything, but it was the same night you were silenced, so I guessed you hadn't been protected or you couldn't have been silenced. Not sure though.
Oh ok, yeah, that night I only got that I was silenced and that our kill failed because of protection. Oh, and trilt got that scarf... :(

Oh ok, yeah, that night I only got that I was silenced and that our kill failed because of protection. Oh, and trilt got that scarf... :(
That scarf was brilliant. Genny's a natural.

Reactions: 4 users

Haha! It was the universal "we" in that she had an active player that was essential in clearing people to get to the wolves. :)

Blew my mind that she ended up being chaos.
I think I was about as excited to see that as when I was converted. Hadn't even thought of it, even with her making me somewhat wary of humans. :love:

Actually my pm to Kam was "I think I have a crush" lol. I was so freaking amused.

Reactions: 2 users
No idea. @kaydubs ?

Really no idea.

Noticing this late...

SOV, you did successfully block Wtf from executing a wolf kill she submitted (Lupin) the night before the Genny kill. So you must be able to block wolf kills, since it worked that night.

So if you were told your block of Wtf the following night was also successful, I don't understand how she was able to kill Genny without any issue, unless it was just a mod mistake.

Mods, can you please clarify what happened?

Blew my mind that she ended up being chaos.
Well, some of my items weren't exactly villagery. The deadly scarf, the mandrake that could kill someone if you threw it at them, the yellow jelly bean that no one ever got to try because rojo died the very first night after I sent the beans to him!

Well, some of my items weren't exactly villagery. The deadly scarf, the mandrake that could kill someone if you threw it at them, the yellow jelly bean that no one ever got to try because rojo died the very first night after I sent the beans to him!
I never got any items, so the only one I heard about directly was the scarf, and I completely forgot what it actually did other than the fact that it was a wolf detector :laugh:

I never got any items, so the only one I heard about directly was the scarf, and I completely forgot what it actually did other than the fact that it was a wolf detector :laugh:
What she actually meant is the protective scarf, the healing mandrake, and the seering/protective beans... right Genny? ;)

What she actually meant is the protective scarf, the healing mandrake, and the seering/protective beans... right Genny? ;)
Uh.. yes! I would never, ever try to get rojo to eat a yellow poison arrow frog-flavored jelly bean. Nope.

People who received items kept dying, and not because of the items! It was somewhat frustrating.

First, I went to sleep before 9. Woke up
at 12. With a fever and migraine. Jeezus. And my brain is like: "AWAKE!!!!! Sunshine daisies!" and my sick, viral ridden, migraine exploding body is "SHUDDUP YOU FLIPPIN' $&@%<€!?~^?%>. The brain is on fuego with migraine and you need to be put down with a 12 gauge shotgun double tap."

In short, I will respond tomorrow after we finish for the day.....or I wake up At 4. FMLLLLLL

Noticing this late...

SOV, you did successfully block Wtf from executing a wolf kill she submitted (Lupin) the night before the Genny kill. So you must be able to block wolf kills, since it worked that night.

So if you were told your block of Wtf the following night was also successful, I don't understand how she was able to kill Genny without any issue, unless it was just a mod mistake.

Mods, can you please clarify what happened?
There was an oops. Everyone won in the end. Or lost. @dyachei ?