Hi please help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bassheadeee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting back on my third score

If you are only interested in MD, you might want to consider applying to the 3 Puerto Rican schools that accept mainlanders if the average of your 3 scores is much less than 505. Add your state schools if you are UiM. You will still need to dispel the observation that you are weak in the sciences, though. A post bac would be a good start. Many SMP's won't consider a gpa that low.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fastest path for you to become a doctor will be to retake all F/D/B science coursework, do well on MCAT, and apply to DO schools.

IF you're boning for the MD degree, there are MD schools that reward reinvention. You'll need to ace all the classic pre-reqs, and ace either a post-bac (which can be DIY) or a SMP, ideally one given at a med school. Then also ace MCAT (513 or better, 33+ on the old scale).

Why do you think you have what it takes to survive a medical school curriculum?

ok so i am in a pickle. i have only received rejections so i know i am doing something wrong other than applying to top 10 medical schools. i want advice on what i should do to strengthen my application.

i graduated from stanford june 2015 with an honors thesis, 4 years of research with the chair of the medical school, 2 publications and 1 summer of volunteer medical service in south america.

my gpa sucks. 3.1 overall and science gpa 2.86 I'm pretty sure that, and my low mcat 501 is whats holding me back.

recently i took TPR course and am waiting on my score. i don't think i did that much better though and i am feeling stuck.

SHOULD I

A) apply to St. Georges? or other carribean schools?
B) try to apply to an SMP like Georgetown? is it really worth it--50 k is OD and

with my stats would a lesser known allopathic school look at me if i got like 508/510 on my mcat?

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you apply with those stats? They are too low for any MD school and awfully low for DO. You are most likely being auto screened out of consideration. How are your other ECs? Are you UIM? Where do you live?
Oh and don't apply to the Caribbean. That would be a bad move.

I have to ask... did you really apply to just top 10 schools? Or maybe I just misread

I have the same question. Also, if yes, what were you thinking??
that somehow i would be lucky. my dad encouraged me to "reach for the stars" and i had had a lot of success during the college app process. i also thought that URM and stanford would mean something but apparently no. it doesn't.

that somehow i would be lucky. my dad encouraged me to "reach for the stars" and i had had a lot of success during the college app process. i also thought that URM and stanford would mean something but apparently no. it doesn't.

URM helps slightly below average candidates. In terms of top 10 schools, you are an abysmal candidate. Learn from your mistakes and invest in the MSAR next time, but even a bottom of the barrel school will not touch you with those numbers.