High DAT score Low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental deezle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got a 24 AA DAT 25 Total Science. and a 2.9 overall gpa a 3.1 BCP and a 3.0 science G.P.A I have an upward trend sicne my first year. Good personal statement, Good letters of rec, and great extra curricular's. What are my odds?
Not very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in this cycle with almost identical stats (3.06 BCP, 3.00 Science, 3.16 overall, 24AA, 25TS). I applied to 11 schools, ended up interviewing at NYU & Columbia, was accepted to NYU on Dec. 1st, and am currently waitlisted at Columbia. Be smart about where and when you apply, and with a little luck you just might pull it off. There's not a lot of people out there with stat disparities like ours, so the only answers you're gonna get are personal anecdotes like mine. But, based on my experience alone, the situation is not totally hopeless.

Reactions: 1 users
You killed the DAT. That says a lot. Apply broadly! Good luck!

I got in this cycle with almost identical stats (3.06 BCP, 3.00 Science, 3.16 overall, 24AA, 25TS). I applied to 11 schools, ended up interviewing at NYU & Columbia, was accepted to NYU on Dec. 1st, and am currently waitlisted at Columbia. Be smart about where and when you apply, and with a little luck you just might pull it off. There's not a lot of people out there with stat disparities like ours, so the only answers you're gonna get are personal anecdotes like mine. But, based on my experience alone, the situation is not totally hopeless.
Okay Thank you, Did you get a response from any of the schools you applied to?

I got 4 interviews w a little lower GPA than yours and a 22 AA.

Reactions: 1 user
you should be fine, I know some with lower stats that got in. Its pretty hard to overlook that DAT!!! Can you post a breakdown please!?

I got interviews at all 5 schools i applied to with 2.9 sGPA and 3.1 overall with 19AA as long as your ECs are good you should be fine!

I got interviews at all 5 schools i applied to with 2.9 sGPA and 3.1 overall with 19AA as long as your ECs are good you should be fine!
Hi, I'm sort of like you, but just wondering, are you in dental school now? And what were your ECs like?