high school senior

swaglhighlevel

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
does your undergraduate affect your admission for dental school or medical schoo l i'm currently a high school senior and i still haven't decided to attend CSU or UC

Members don't see this ad.

yes, your grades and EC's matter the most as well as your MCAT/DAT scores. Also, attend a school that you would see yourself happy in and will thrive academically. Prestige doesn't matter when your apply to either medical/ dental school. :)

Go to the one you think you'd feel most comfortable at, do best at, make friends, etc. Don't worry about the "name". It's apparently not important unless you're applying to a big name medical school. More important is your gpa, courses, and extra-curriculars

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you give yourself the best chance you can to do well academically. Do some research about which school would cater to your needs and your preferred programs the best. If you're wanting to be a Biology major, pick the better Biology program. If you're thinking of doing Psychology, choose the better Psych program. Think about the social aspects too. You should have as much fun as academics allow while in undergrad.

Your GPA, your MCAT/DAT prep and scores and your ECs (research, clinical/non-clinical volunteering, offices/positions, awards) are the most important items in getting into med school. Unless you're trying to get into Brown for med school, go to the school that makes you happy.

Edit: LORs too.

Last edited:
does your undergraduate affect your admission for dental school or medical schoo l i'm currently a high school senior and i still haven't decided to attend CSU or UC

Yes it does.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes it does.

Your undergrad performance affects your admission for both. I don't really know much about admission requirements to Dental School, but I know for Medical School you need EC's, letters of recommendations, a good MCAT (good DAT for Dental School), shadow and clinical hours, good GPA, research experience, etc. High School doesn't matter at all for Med School or Dental School, so don't worry about that :). Like I said I'm sure the requirements for Dental School are similar, but I'm not going to say what they are because I'm really not sure, and have never looked in the requirements for Dental School.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Your undergrad performance affects your admission for both. I don't really know much about admission requirements to Dental School, but I know for Medical School you need EC's, letters of recommendations, a good MCAT (good DAT for Dental School), shadow and clinical hours, good GPA, research experience, etc. High School doesn't matter at all for Med School or Dental School, so don't worry about that :). Like I said I'm sure the requirements for Dental School are similar, but I'm not going to say what they are because I'm really not sure, and have never looked in the requirements for Dental School.
thanks man does attending a CSU can lead me to a dental school/medical school as in my town i have a CSU so it will be cheaper but i'm a afraid that attending a CSU is not prestige and graduate school will accepted someone from a UC rather than CSU

thanks man does attending a CSU can lead me to a dental school/medical school as in my town i have a CSU so it will be cheaper but i'm a afraid that attending a CSU is not prestige and graduate school will accepted someone from a UC rather than CSU

You're welcome. It doesn't matter what school you go to :). As I said, all that matters are your pre-reqs and all of the other requirements I listed.