Kat2122

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an "early" sophomore, who loves medicine and science and is looking for a short ( less than a month) research program, camp, or internship for this summer. Thanks!

Edit: I am not 16.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an "early" sophomore, who loves medicine and science and is looking for a short ( less than a month) research program, camp, or internship for this summer. Thanks!

Edit: I am not 16.

Its best to enjoy your summers now while you still can.

Reactions: 1 user
I would check into your state's AHEC or Area Health Education Center. They are a dedicated organization that is funded by congress to help students like you and also college students to acheive your goals in health care. They have many many camps and projects. I am also a sophomore who loves medicine and I have already done many things with AHEC. Also maybe look inti getting your CNA? Good luck!

-AHEC Alumni

Look into the following; what the others have said, shadowing paramedics, shadowing doctors (see what they really do), volunteer at hospitals. Believe it or not, even though your only doing small chores.. You can geniunely save the nurses hours with simple tasks that makes their job easier. It's good on anything you choose to pursue in the future, at job interviews people like to see that you've volunteered somewhere. So whether or not you become a doctor, or work in the health career field altogether. It will help you with anything you do, just see what you can do to volunteer. I'm 17 and volunteer, honestly my 7 year old brother could probably do half the tasks they ask me to do.. Many hospitals will allow someone to volunteer as young as 13. Check with your local hospitals. Lots of the other information people have talked about is helpful, but internships and volunteer hours are the way to go. Good luck!