high yield vs brs behavioral science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublejump

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any recent threads on this matter so I thought I'd revive it. Has anyone by any chance looked at both and found one to be any more helpful than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Phoston has started a thread about these two books.
But do not get into the trouble searching for it... BRS hands down!

Members don't see this ad :)
is it me or is any extra reading into behavioral science (either BRS or HY) totally useless. most of it isn't found in first aid and the questions from uworld are so easy and less nit picky.

is it me or is any extra reading into behavioral science (either BRS or HY) totally useless. most of it isn't found in first aid and the questions from uworld are so easy and less nit picky.

it's good for the biostats part, IMO.

I think it's good to have some of the principles down - plus the more I practice them the better I get a feel for how they want me to answer them....

I haven't read BRS because it's way too long

Conrad Fisher (Kaplan) is a quick, easy read and gives you the basics...

USMLE Khans Cases has the best practice questions but doesn't outline the basics as well

I think it's good to have some of the principles down - plus the more I practice them the better I get a feel for how they want me to answer them....

I haven't read BRS because it's way too long

Conrad Fisher (Kaplan) is a quick, easy read and gives you the basics...

USMLE Khans Cases has the best practice questions but doesn't outline the basics as well

Conrad Fisher is only about Ethics. BRS Behavioral is about psychiatry too. IMO it's a good book and not a waste of time... It makes you think in a different way and form the whole intuition thing that Phloston states.

And as sanchito said, "the more I practice them the better I get a feel for how they want me to answer them"

For serious?!?! I just got my third WORD FOR WORD copy of a UW question from Khan's. I have read through the book and I thought it was very challenging and I garnered a great deal from it. However, this guy is literally ripping from UW, HILARIOUS. That is assuming the infallible UW didn't rip him off... Anyways, I still recommend the book even though it is $25 for ~100 questions. Here's hoping that he rips off the USMLE like he does UW.

I know this thread is about other books but I didn't feel like this deserved it's own thread.