highest paid pharmacy specialty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ycamrahp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the highest paid pharmacy specialty? or is there such thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I think pharmacists in retail make the most money.

I think pharmacists in retail make the most money.

You forgot to say that they also do the most tedious, least clinical-related, and most stressed-out job also...

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacists in industry have high salaries and more potential for growth within the company. These jobs are more difficult to get and generally require some form of advanced training through residency or a fellowship.

This is an easy question to answer.

Highest paid pharmacist are usually self employed pharmacists who own their pharmacy or pharmacies.

Dean of Pharmacy school...how many are there...about 100 or so? Most of them are probably non practicing pharmacists...and also have PhD.

Not sure if we can qualify the Dean position as a Pharmacy Specialty...some of them are not RPh... rather PhD.

What is the highest paid pharmacy specialty? or is there such thing?

My friends in nuclear seem to do well. Then again, the wife doesnt do too shabby at her retail job.

location, location, location.......

The dean at WVU worked only until the end of the 2006 Spring semester and I think it said he made $146k. I found it online (along with all of my other professors salaries). I'd go check my facts myself, but the computer I'm using at this hospital is too slow. Anyway - that's about 6 months of pay, so a full year is a tad under $300k. Yikes.

It's available here.

Look for George Spratto.

Also fun is to look up Rich Rodriguez and John Beilein.

So I actually just graduated Pharm school (NJ) As for the most potential, I would have to say industry (look at David Epstein from Novartis for amazing example) In terms of retail, easily start at 55/hr (all my friends got around that). Granted retail is MUCH more stressful.

The dean at WVU worked only until the end of the 2006 Spring semester and I think it said he made $146k. I found it online (along with all of my other professors salaries). I'd go check my facts myself, but the computer I'm using at this hospital is too slow. Anyway - that's about 6 months of pay, so a full year is a tad under $300k. Yikes.

It's available here.

Look for George Spratto.

Also fun is to look up Rich Rodriguez and John Beilein.

WVU, did you get a job? Congratulations! I'm still awaiting an answer on my interview from last week, although it might be a while.

BTW, your link doesn't work.

Pharmacists in Alaska and Hawaii might make more, just because the COL is higher there.

So I actually just graduated Pharm school (NJ) As for the most potential, I would have to say industry (look at David Epstein from Novartis for amazing example) In terms of retail, easily start at 55/hr (all my friends got around that). Granted retail is MUCH more stressful.

own your own store...get a niche...had to work hard in the beginning, but hired another pharmacist, my partner and I work somewhere between 25-36 hrs weekly...pay ourselves what you make at retail but have money in the bank for the business...reinvesting over half our potential salaries to grow. so, 200k+ filling 1000 rxs weekly and now working 25-36 hrs weekly....pretty sweet deal if you ask me :)