His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Zensing claims her role stated vanilla villager in it to support epi, but could have been a wolf jumping on board

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I just got back from riding at the barn. Will read up on everything now.

LoTF () -
Kam (4) - DocE, TP, Zen, Caiter
Hayley (1) - aloha
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
allieh (3) - LotF, LIS, DVMD
DocE()-
Zen (5)-FFM, Rojo, Finn, Hayley, Kam

14/20 voting

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops this tally is totally wrong, mods, can I edit?

Yeah I'm thinking at least if Zen comes out vanilla at least we learn something. I guess same with Alli, but she had an ability that has been helpful, so if we're wrong we have slightly more to lose. So okay this is cool

UnOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF () -
Kam (3) - TP, Zen, Caiter
Hayley (1) - aloha
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
allieh (3) - LotF, LIS, DVMD,
DocE()-
Zen (6)-FFM, Rojo, Finn, Hayley, Kam, DocE

14/20 voting

This is consistent with what both Aloha and DocE have told me separately.

I had no idea why Aloha said she kept trying to steal items from people unsuccessfully when DocE was right there on the thread saying he was an item maker. Why wouldn't she try him first? I thought it was suspicious. Doc said he could check on her ability, and the next night told me it was confirmed.

Aloha then told me separately that she had tried to steal an item from Dev but had been redirected to MJ, where she found nothing.

Unless they're both wolves coordinating stories, I think this checks out.

My theory was that I couldn't steal an item the same night DocE was making them, but I wasn't hearing of any success stories of making items, so I didn't think it was possible to steal then. So I tried elsewhere to see what I could find. Still have yet to steal anything though. DocE has confirmed it's possible, but if anyone has an item they are willing to let me steal, I'll gladly prove it.

Also, I agree that Zen makes sense for a target for now, at least more than any of this other mess we've had today.

••••••••unlynch Hayley, lynch zen••••••••

Back on but I know it's close to deadline. Rereading real quickly since I may have missed stuff on my phone during the day and I'll come back with a lynch vote.

UnOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF () -
Hayley (0) -
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
DocE()-
Zen (8)-FFM, Rojo, Finn, Hayley, Kam, DocE, aloha, Trilt

15/20 voting

Since the vote is going this anyway I'm willing to go with the zen vote. They did tell me via PM that their role included "You are a vanilla villager" while it seems like other vanilla roles just end with "Vanilla Villager." This may mean nothing and just be different mod writing style or it could be something.

Lynch Zen

Members don't see this ad :)
MJ, SOV, Allie, STB, and Diva (who has not voted in the last two lynches)

Four now.

UnOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF () -
Hayley (0) -
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
DocE()-
Zen (9)-FFM, Rojo, Finn, Hayley, Kam, DocE, aloha, Trilt, STB

16/20 voting

So This is going too easily. Given how weak the argument is for zen (it's not without merit, but it's also not strong) I get the feeling this is gonna not get us a wolf. The actual wolves would have pretty easily fought tgis off and deflected it. But now I'm sure they're all about jumping on this.

But witg so little time left and so much momemtum, including my own vote, at least we can help settle the one wolf per group thing.

And let me say I'd love to be wrong (and it would make the game so much easier if I am since we can one wolf per group it until only a convert is left). But I don't suppose I will be.

All caught up with a few minutes to spare...I really don't think it's zen but maybe we'll get lucky

Not that it even matters at this point but for the sake of getting a vote in lynch zen

crap, just realized the time and dont have time to catch up :eggface:

lynch kam just as placeholder, not intent and missed my opportunity to make a tie

If we think that an injured person couldn't vote, that's mj vs SOV...
Anyone have the healing chocolate and want to test LotF's claim that she ***may*** have injured a wolf? Again not saying that an injury would prove anything, but since we have an item for it and two people who didn't vote, worth a try.

Reactions: 1 user
Both were on today. I can't swear my bear swipe did hurt someone but I was hoping it did. If so, maybe we have wolf candidates. If not, I'm sorry for hurt villagers afraid to come forward.

For the sake of accuracy, SOV lynched and then unlynched Hayley. Not sure that proves anything, because if there was a bear related injury (substantial if), I don't think it would preclude someone from *appearing* to lynch vote.

"Iofur Raknison is the bad bear king that banished Iorek from Svalbard."

Someone who knows better should clarify but that sounds super wolfy to me. But I don't know why he's a mystery affiliation. o_Oo_Oo_O

Iofur's character absolutely should be (/have been) a wolf if any character is. No redemption for that guy in the series.

I will have to agree with this.

Why the mods aren't giving affiliation though, I don't know.

But I am going to play off of Iofur having been a wolf.

Staryies...

You have lynched Zen, who was Iofur Rankinson and...well...hmmm. Seems we don't know anything beyond that.

It is now night 6. Night deadline is 9am EST (pending approval from @Gwenevre).

Roster soon...

Appreciate the mods not giving us any useful information.

Let's try to think about this a bit. There is probably a reason for the mods not giving us an affiliation. I get that. So I accept that. Hypothetical here though: if they are only witholding the alignment to make us more confused, I'd argue that zen was probably a villager.

It appears that wolves are the members of the church and them alone unless I'm forgetting something (The evidence for this is scarce, but holds up so far). So even shady characters who try to harm the main characters and are antagonists to the main characters themselves, are not the wolves of this game. I pull this a lot as a mod, where you can make half the characters out to be potential wolves, but the wolves I want follow a single theme.

Feel free to disregard this if information contradicts it. But food for thought.

I will go out on a limb and request protection tonight. I don't know if it's out there or if whoever's responsible would want to give it to me, but I truly think I need it.

Going further down the rabbit hole here. The people we've seen with "vanilla villager" (or vanilla vanilla) have been shady characters who the mods had to reinforce were NOT wolves despite the characters shady Wikipedia page.

Since zensing claimed VV in her role write uo pretty early, I wouldn't be celebrating this lynch. I'm personally marking it as a "villager lynch" in my spreadsheet until I see evidence otherwise.

Sorry, which shady characters have we lynched besides Yelena Pazhets? Bernie wasn't shady, just fairly obscure.

I think that's the one Im referring to. Sort of hoping someone else with a vanilla villager role pipes up (at some risk to them I understand) to validate the theory.

But I fully admit I'm spitballing here because there is a TON of groupthink going on and no one is questioning the narrative out forward by others at all. I might be wrong. A lot. But I'm not going to leave a rock unturned if it might end up being true.

I think that's the one Im referring to. Sort of hoping someone else with a vanilla villager role pipes up (at some risk to them I understand) to validate the theory.

We've had Roger Parslow (Rogert), Bernie Johansen (Epi) and Farder Coram (PBC) reported as vanilla when they were lynched, then just the one shady character (Yelena Pazhets/FS) who was vanilla. Father Gomez was definitely Magisterium-related, but I'm not as convinced that every bad guy is Church related. Let's get another wolf and then we'll see. :p

We've had Roger Parslow (Rogert), Bernie Johansen (Epi) and Farder Coram (PBC) reported as vanilla when they were lynched, then just the one shady character (Yelena Pazhets/FS) who was vanilla. Father Gomez was definitely Magisterium-related, but I'm not as convinced that every bad guy is Church related. Let's get another wolf and then we'll see. :p

but did they say their write up had vanilla villager in it? because I think that was just FS and Zen so far.
And dont forget Boreal is a high minister of the magisterium. So church wolves 2 for 2. Plus there are an abundance of church related roles to pick from for wolves and you really only need ~4 wolves max in a game this size.

but did they say their write up had vanilla villager in it? because I think that was just FS and Zen so far.
And dont forget Boreal is a high minister of the magisterium. So church wolves 2 for 2. Plus there are an abundance of church related roles to pick from for wolves and you really only need ~4 wolves max in a game this size.

Which becomes relevent when everyone was having a hissy fit that FS was not a wolf and I pointed out that I wasnt in the least shocked since I assumed the wolves were all church members anyway. Back... like.... 10 pages ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Which becomes relevent when everyone was having a hissy fit that FS was not a wolf and I pointed out that I wasnt in the least shocked since I assumed the wolves were all church members anyway. Back... like.... 10 pages ago.
Still doesn't explain the lack of affiliation for zensing and really doesn't explain his character being a vanilla...

4 wolves goes against the 1 in each group