History of the WWorld sign-up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all.

I am hoping to get off of this freakin epidural (fentamyl) tomorrow, and then could actually pay attention for more than a minute at a time.

Thanks for all your good wishes. Sorry for the delay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all.

I am hoping to get off of this freakin epidural (fentamyl) tomorrow, and then could actually pay attention for more than a minute at a time.

mmmmm fentanyl. yum. Request your fentanyl come in lolipop form.

No I'm not joking. You can really get it as a lolipop, and I've been dying for someone to tell me what it tastes like (besides freaking amazing. Which is what i imagine licking super-morphine would be like)

No I'm not joking. You can really get it as a lolipop, and I've been dying for someone to tell me what it tastes like (besides freaking amazing. Which is what i imagine licking super-morphine would be like)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I saw an episode of intervention where the lady was addicted to fentanyl lollipops :laugh:

I don't remember if she said they tasted like anything in particular, they really messed her up

Does sounds awfully delicious...

Hey all.

Wow, I've been so out of it I didn't realize you already had your surgery. Glad it went well, and I'm hope you get a speedy recovery!

So since I died in the Lounge game, I have changed my avatar to sexy Achilles. So that you can continue to enjoy the sexiness, I suggest that the wolves don't kill me because I will change it to something not sexy if I die. :D

I have started to send out roles. Items will be separately.
Once that is done I will start the game thread.

I am still in the hospital, so not sure how this is going to go at the beginning. They are cutting off my epidural so either I will be lucid or in raging pain (they are giving freakin tylenol to start).

I have started to send out roles. Items will be separately.
Once that is done I will start the game thread.

I am still in the hospital, so not sure how this is going to go at the beginning. They are cutting off my epidural so either I will be lucid or in raging pain (they are giving freakin tylenol to start).

Yikes! :eek: I hope it is tylenol with some codeine at least

Helpful guide to if you should be pissed off at your physicians pain management decisions.

Tylenol 3 - Win
mcneil__tylenol_3_codeine.png

Tylenol 4 - More Win
MCN05150.jpg

Tylenol 500 (sounds exciting) - Epic Fail
TY500.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
In case it is not clear... NO PMs until the game thread is started. No exceptions.

My chest tube is out..... now waiting to see if I develop a pneumothorax.

Is this the big game where everybody gets a role? :D

Percocets knock me out. They gave me those when I got my gallbladder out.

Percocet doesn't touch me. They gave me that when I broke my foot and it didn't do anything. My parents wouldn't believe me. Haha. Feel good, SOV!

Percocet doesn't touch me. They gave me that when I broke my foot and it didn't do anything. My parents wouldn't believe me. Haha. Feel good, SOV!

I hate all pain meds, they all make me puke within 20 minutes. I have a practically unlimited rx of pain meds (for my back) and I haven't filled them in years. I HATE them! :mad:
I once went to the ER for something and told the doc I didn't want pain meds. He gave me a percocet and tylenol 3 together... I :barf: on his floor 15 minutes later. :cool:

I hate all pain meds, they all make me puke within 20 minutes. I have a practically unlimited rx of pain meds (for my back) and I haven't filled them in years. I HATE them! :mad:
I once went to the ER for something and told the doc I didn't want pain meds. He gave me a percocet and tylenol 3 together... I :barf: on his floor 15 minutes later. :cool:

That sucks! I am allergic to some general anesthetic. Just picture angry yelling and then depressed crying. It was ridiculous.

That sucks! I am allergic to some general anesthetic. Just picture angry yelling and then depressed crying. It was ridiculous.

:laugh: I'm not sure if I'm allergic, but I woke up screaming and kicking both my legs in casts and hit a nurse :scared:. Sorry yo! :oops:

:laugh: I'm not sure if I'm allergic, but I woke up screaming and kicking both my legs in casts and hit a nurse :scared:. Sorry yo! :oops:

When I woke up, I yelled at a nurse for trying to help me walk. She was so shocked because I had been a pleasant person before the procedure. I felt SO SO bad the next day when it was out of my system.

When I woke up, I yelled at a nurse for trying to help me walk. She was so shocked because I had been a pleasant person before the procedure. I felt SO SO bad the next day when it was out of my system.

Not sure if this falls under the same category, but once when I was on a morphine drip I lost consciousness for about 30 secs (right when they administered it), when I woke back up I think every staff member in the ER was over me... sorry for the false alarm. :oops:

Pain meds to weird things.

I had a physical therapist come and try to work with me 30 mins after my surgery... I barely even remember this...
My mom told her I was literally still waking up from surgery and the therapist just kept saying, "The best things to do is get her started right away, no one is ever ready."
My mom was like, "No, like she's literally not recovered from anesthesia, her eyes aren't even opened, and you want her to walk on crutches?"
The b*tch pulled me out of bed, stood me up on crutches and tried to make me crutch down the hallway. I fell, stepped on my foot that just had major surgery and was supposed to have no weight bearing for 8 weeks lol, (I later had to go BACK into surgery because it ruined everything they did :rolleyes:) and when she got me back to my bed she literally looked at me and said "See, that wasn't so bad."
:eek::mad::eek::mad:
I looked at her and...
:barf: ed allllll over her :D
That wasn't so bad either was it b*tch?
She was later fired. I feel bad she was fired (we didn't have anything to do with her firing), but apparently this wasn't the only time she had done this. :oops:
Who makes someone walk on crutches when they are 30 minutes out of major orthopedic surgery?!?! :confused:

Not sure if this falls under the same category, but once when I was on a morphine drip I lost consciousness for about 30 secs (right when they administered it), when I woke back up I think every staff member in the ER was over me... sorry for the false alarm. :oops:

Pain meds to weird things.

That is scary!!! :eek:

Who makes someone walk on crutches when they are 30 minutes out of major orthopedic surgery?!?! :confused:

Maybe she had a thing for seeing people in pain... or maybe I should stop watching Deadliest Woman :rolleyes:

Maybe she had a thing for seeing people in pain... or maybe I should stop watching Deadliest Woman :rolleyes:

AHH! I watch that show too!!! :love: it. I need to go to that idaddicts.com website :oops:

I had a physical therapist come and try to work with me 30 mins after my surgery... I barely even remember this...
My mom told her I was literally still waking up from surgery and the therapist just kept saying, "The best things to do is get her started right away, no one is ever ready."
My mom was like, "No, like she's literally not recovered from anesthesia, her eyes aren't even opened, and you want her to walk on crutches?"
The b*tch pulled me out of bed, stood me up on crutches and tried to make me crutch down the hallway. I fell, stepped on my foot that just had major surgery and was supposed to have no weight bearing for 8 weeks lol, (I later had to go BACK into surgery because it ruined everything they did :rolleyes:) and when she got me back to my bed she literally looked at me and said "See, that wasn't so bad."
:eek::mad::eek::mad:
I looked at her and...
She was later fired. I feel bad she was fired (we didn't have anything to do with her firing), but apparently this wasn't the only time she had done this. :oops:

Wow... Just wow. Good for you barfing on her. What a b*tch.

FYI epidural is out. Saner heads have prevailed and I am starting on percocet.

Glad to see someone is being smart. Tylenol...:rolleyes:

In case it is not clear... NO PMs until the game thread is started. No exceptions.

My chest tube is out..... now waiting to see if I develop a pneumothorax.

:xf: For no pneumothorax.

Hope those pain meds work and don't make you feel too loopy.

This stuff is about to start!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm getting out my wolf lynching sword for this. And the official song of all paranoid villagers!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmy-xetKZbw&feature=related[/youtube]

HEADS WILL ROLL!

I looked at her and...

I'm glad you puked on her, she deserved it.

After I had my appendix out, they informed me that if I needed pain medication to let them know. An hour or so after surgery I started feeling a little bit of pain and asked for pain meds, 30 minutes later they still had not done anything and the pain was getting worse, so I called them again and they said they would get some, another 40 minutes later and I still don't have pain meds so I call the nurse AGAIN. They come in and say, "Well, you can't have any pain meds until you eat." I told her that if they had told me that over an hour ago when the pain started I would have been able to eat but now I can't eat because I am in too much pain. It took them another 30 minutes to contact the doctor to approve an IV dose of morphine....:mad:

After that I was doing fine. I was walking around, no pain. And I was told I could go home, but the doctor wanted to send me home with percocet and since I had never taken percocet before they wanted me to stay in the hospital overnight. I told them no and to find something else. So they had to send me home with vicodin instead. :p

At that point, I was ready to be at home with some pain than in that damn hospital listening to the crazy person down the hall screaming about the people that are coming to get her and how they are hurting her. :rolleyes:

Thankfully none of you told me any of those stories before. Some real head-scratchers out there.

I must say HUP (the hospital of Univ of Pa) is amazing. Best I have seen (in limited experience).

So... percocets are a good compromise. In a little pain but tolerable. No really nasty side effects.

Still waiting on radiology.

This stuff is about to start!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm getting out my wolf lynching sword for this. And the official song of all paranoid villagers!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmy-xetKZbw&feature=related[/youtube]

HEADS WILL ROLL!

:thumbup::thumbup:

ALL Roles should have been sent out.

If you did not receive one, please contact me ASAP.

I will get to work on the items. Have to set up my randomizer.

Game should start tonight unless I have unwanted complications. When the new thread is up.... read it (things are slightly different than standard). And then do what you do.

Thankfully none of you told me any of those stories before. Some real head-scratchers out there.

I must say HUP (the hospital of Univ of Pa) is amazing. Best I have seen (in limited experience).

So... percocets are a good compromise. In a little pain but tolerable. No really nasty side effects.

Still waiting on radiology.

Glad to hear you're doing well and in great hands! :xf: for a speedy, painfree, non-vomiting recovery!

Game should start tonight unless I have unwanted complications. When the new thread is up.... read it (things are slightly different than standard). And then do what you do.
oooooooooo roles and items? so excited!

Can I just say how impressed I am that you are doing this all from a hospital bed! :thumbup:

Sorry, Doc but my chest rad was CLEAR. They do 1-3 thoracotomies a day, and only have 1-2 pneumothoraxes a MONTH. So odds were definitely in my favor.

1 last boundary before they send me home: proof of life in my digestive system.... if you know what I mean.

While stuffing myself I will get back to work on items.

Sorry, Doc but my chest rad was CLEAR. They do 1-3 thoracotomies a day, and only have 1-2 pneumothoraxes a MONTH. So odds were definitely in my favor.

1 last boundary before they send me home: proof of life in my digestive system.... if you know what I mean.

While stuffing myself I will get back to work on items.

Wonderful!! You are truly a machine! Glad to hear you are almost in the clear :thumbup:

SOV, you ok with me tracking your posts like I did in the last game (as an exception to the "don't edit your posts" rule)? Dunno if anyone else used it, but I sure found it useful.

Should we get a BM chant going?!?!?! ;)

2 4 6 8, someone's got to defecate. Sov! Sov! Gooooooo SOV!

Or ...

There was an old man from Mass
Who needed to pass some gas
He tried to fart
With all his heart
But nothing came out his ass.

That's right - juvenile humor at its finest. Somebody stop me before I continue.

2 4 6 8, someone's got to defecate. Sov! Sov! Gooooooo SOV!

Or ...

There was an old man from Mass
Who needed to pass some gas
He tried to fart
With all his heart
But nothing came out his ass.

That's right - juvenile humor at its finest. Somebody stop me before I continue.

:laugh: NO please, please keep going! :thumbup:

Yay! So glad things seem to be going well for you, SOV!

I'm excited to get this game started. Let's go get us some wolves!!

Nice limerick, LIS. Apparently I haven't outgrown poop humor quite yet either.