Hobbies??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildhorse

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is one supposed to enter a contact for hobbies?? Hobbies don't typically require answering to anybody. Am I meant to be my own contact for hobbies?? Is it supposed to be a friend I hang out with while hobbying?? I feel like both of these are rather silly choices, but so is making a contact a required field for a hobby.

Edit:
Come to think of it, one item I wanted to include as a hobby could be more aptly described as community service/volunteering, despite being done independently of any institution, & usually independently of any other people at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Just enter yourself. The chances of them caring enough to contact your hobby "contact" is essentially 0. That's not to say that they don't care about what you do with your time (which is why there is a space on the app), just that they won't really have any reason to follow up about it pre-interview.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a supervisor or mentor that's helped you out a lot, then put them. Otherwise just do whatever, if it's a hobby they're probably not going to care much anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is one supposed to enter a contact for hobbies?? Hobbies don't typically require answering to anybody. Am I meant to be my own contact for hobbies?? Is it supposed to be a friend I hang out with while hobbying?? I feel like both of these are rather silly choices, but so is making a contact a required field for a hobby.
A Hobbies entry no longer requires a Contact.

Reactions: 2 users
A Hobbies entry no longer requires a Contact.
When did this happen? I feel like one day in June I was working on my primary app and I remembered putting "Myself" as a contact, and then the next day when I logged in, the entire field was gone.

When did this happen? I feel like one day in June I was working on my primary app and I remembered putting "Myself" as a contact, and then the next day when I logged in, the entire field was gone.

That's very interesting. After reading that comment myself, I logged back in & found the field wasn't there. I was beginning to suspect I was a careless, ill-observant, scatter-brained buffoon that had no place in medicine, but you have reassured me.

Edit:
That may be very possible even still.

That's very interesting. After reading that comment myself, I logged back in & found the field wasn't there. I was beginning to suspect I was a careless, ill-observant, scatter-brained buffoon that had no place in medicine, but you have reassured me.

Edit:
That may be very possible even still.
Yah I lightweight thought I had gone a bit delusional when that happened.