Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra University Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else apply to Hofstra for this Fall? I got invited for an interview next week, just wanted to know if anybody else out there is in the same boat. I am a little worried because this is a brand new program so we will be the first group of students and they are in the middle of receiving accreditation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Just curious as to what your stats are if you don't mind! I was going to apply this cycle but I do not have kinesiology, so Im applying for 2016.

Hi! Just curious as to what your stats are if you don't mind! I was going to apply this cycle but I do not have kinesiology, so Im applying for 2016.

Major: Nutrition & Exercise Science
Overall: 3.3
Prereq: 3.5
Observation: 100+ hours (outpatient hospital, private pediatric clinic
Experience: 90+ hours research on kids with cerebral palsy, currently work as a home attendant for a disabled teenager.

My stats aren't very high, but I am hoping that my experience and observation hours will help me out.

Also, if you are applying next year, you will have to complete an OT class that will be offered in the summer session prior to entering the program. Only this year's group will be able to take it along with their classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you OT2019.

Major: Speech Communications from St. Joseph's College
Overall: 3.3
Observation hours: 150+ In 3 different settings
Experience: One semester of research with NYU on child development, 5 years as a mothers helper and gymnastics coach/camp counselor (which gave me experience with special needs.)

Volunteer: 60+ hours at a Hippotherapy Center and hospital.

Do you think I have a good shot?

-Stay in touch, maybe we will meet next year!