Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KATS82md

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Hofstra postbacc program- how do medical schools view it, what are some of the med schools that the programs graduates go to? Im thinking of either going to Hofstra this September, or putting it off and applying to some better programs (columbia, nyu, etc) for the spring semester. any advice??!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Hofstra postbacc program- how do medical schools view it, what are some of the med schools that the programs graduates go to? Im thinking of either going to Hofstra this September, or putting it off and applying to some better programs (columbia, nyu, etc) for the spring semester. any advice??!

I know this post is old, but I am in the same predicament. I too would like to know because I am leaning towards Hofstra.

Thanks

I know this post is old, but I am in the same predicament. I too would like to know because I am leaning towards Hofstra.

Thanks
premed,

did you end up choosing Hofstra? I'm looking into their postbacc and would like to know how it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
All I can say is that, this school has a strong science departments and the professors make sure to help you. My first semester was rough with getting adjusted to the curriculum. It is a lot of strenuous work, but it is worth it.

I am also considering Hofstra for Fall 2011. Has anyone had any new experiences or decided to go there?

any other thoughts on this topic?? I will be applying to start next spring but will also be applying to NYU Columbia and Stonybrook