Holidays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freyamaxine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does everyone finish university for the year?

I finished my last exam today. I don't really know what to do with myself, my brain keeps telling me that I should be studying but I don't have anything to study for :love:

What do people usually do over their holidays? I plan to go running a lot, read a lot of books (that are not textbooks!), watch a lot of television and just sit around in the sun.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! That sounds like heaven. I am not (as of yet) in vet school. I'm trying to finish my Masters in the spring. I don't get holidays, or spring break, or summer, or weekends, etc... My thesis is with snakes so even though I have an assistant, it comes down to me to take care of them. My assistant gets holidays... It wouldn't be too bad, except I have to commute an hour (one way). Oh well, enough of my pity party. Enjoy the holidays!! I have to get over to school. Today I draw blood from about 30 snakes. You'll have to tell me what it's like to read a book just for fun! I can't remember the last time I did that...:D

Laters...

-Snakegal

Lucky! We don't finish our last exam until December 11 :eek:
Our semesters tend to be a few weeks longer than other vet schools because we only have course work for 2 years instead of 2.5 or 3, so I figure I'll suffer through it now to get it over faster in the long run!

I absolutely cannot WAIT for the holidays! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
We get winter break from December 14 until January 1st. Spring semster runs through the third week of may. I am hoping to work at the ICU/ER at school this summer--we'll see how that works out.

Well I'm not a vet student yet........but since the OP is pre-vet I think I'll go ahead and answer too.
I don't finish until about Dec. 14, or whenever my last exam is that week. I only have 3 finals that week though, so not too bad. I have next week off for Thanksgiving.
I can't believe you're done already and that it's SUNNY there! It's about 40-45 degrees right now most days:( and I hate it and I want to cry sometimes because I hate the snow. I really do n't know what I'll do over break until Jan. 14, this is the first time I haven't had a job or anything.

My last final is December 14th so I'll be going home later that day. My break lasts until February 10th. Luckily I'll be working full time, so I won't be bored to death for nearly two months :D

Our last exam was yesterday. I feel a little lost with nothing to do. But I'll get over it! I'll be finishing up my required farm prac work this summer. Milking cows until early February, then working at a horse stud. Until I start work I'll be sleeping (yay! sleep), watching lots of bad TV and cleaning up my yard (the grass has grown wild while I was busy studying).

Oh to be at Penn... dec 21-jan 2. woo hoo! Going to try to get some skiing in though. and my birthday :)

Oh to be at Penn... dec 21-jan 2. woo hoo! Going to try to get some skiing in though. and my birthday :)

Wow!! I will stop complaining now =)

(MSState is 12/11-1/7)

UMass out vacations everyone 12/20ish - 1/29!!!

Wisconsin: last final is Dec 22 (gross anatomy :scared:) and classes resume Jan 22