Homeopathy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skynnyrd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Many people also pay money to watch the Kardashians.

Reactions: 1 users
Its sad and frustrating that science based medicine must compete with fiction based homeopathy. "Noone ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the general population" comes to mind. I'm also not sure why it is so common for medical students (and I mean this completely without insult to you) to post this stuff so much. 99% of medical students know that stuff is a scam. The 1% aren't going to change if they haven't already. 100% know it exists and people use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's great that homeopaths can finally get married

Reactions: 7 users
How do you know he isn't saying that he tried Homeopathic medicine, but now that's gone after 3 months? He could be proudly kicking the homeopathic remedies to the curb for all we know.

i love me some good homeosexuals

protip: block out peoples name. u have the privilege of anonymity on this website. ur ignant friends should too. And if i was so inclined, I could probably figure out who u are based off some next level facebook/linkedin stalking.

Not my friends. Random people commenting on a public post but I can see how that could happen.

i love me some good homeosexuals

protip: block out peoples name. u have the privilege of anonymity on this website. ur ignant friends should too. And if i was so inclined, I could probably figure out who u are based off some next level facebook/linkedin stalking.
f

Not my friends. Random people commenting on a public post but I can see how that could happen.

f
while u were figuring out what to say, i figured out who u were. I then sieved through all posts( both SDN and social media). I then compiled a zip file of all unprofessional conduct and emailed it to ur dean.
#gunnerlife

**obviously, i didn't do this, but I think u get my point.... tbh u should take down that image u posted.

Not that I don't think you couldn't do that, but you couldnt do that. Regardless I could see how it isn't kosher posting random lay peoples opinions on this subject, even if they are ridiculous. Also it was 1:30 am I was a little delirious and my judgement of what not to post was off haha.

while u were figuring out what to say, i figured out who u were. I then sieved through all posts( both SDN and social media). I then compiled a zip file of all unprofessional conduct and emailed it to ur dean.
#gunnerlife

**obviously, i didn't do this, but I think u get my point.... tbh u should take down that image u posted.
at

I think it's great that person found something they think helps. Placebo is a helluva drug. As long as their belief isn't limiting the medical treatment, why laugh at them?

He should just ingest some parasites. They seem to do the trick for many, and they're all natural. Just got to hope they don't set up shop in your brain or eyes and you're good to go.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's great that person found something they think helps. Placebo is a helluva drug. As long as their belief isn't limiting the medical treatment, why laugh at them?
Because this type of thinking perpetuates false medicine in the public. That's why research also studies placebo... To make sure the treatment/drug DOESNT do what placebo does ( not working at all, but at least you think it works). Research makes sure that the drug actually does work

Members don't see this ad :)
Because this type of thinking perpetuates false medicine in the public. That's why research also studies placebo... To make sure the treatment/drug DOESNT do what placebo does ( not working at all, but at least you think it works). Research makes sure that the drug actually does work

That's why the general public doesn't have a medical degree and why we need to call it out when it limits treatment. Some dude laughing with a chronic illness and on treatment? Let him have his day without snickering in the background.

And placebo isn't 'not working at all but at least you think it works'. Its, it works but not as well as <insert successful treatment>.

Because the thought of "water memories" healing an auto-immune disease (let alone anything besides dehydration) is laughable

Because the thought of "water memories" healing an auto-immune disease (let alone anything besides dehydration) is laughable

Then laugh at the concept, not at some sick person so desperate for something they clung to an idea as outrageous as homeopathy and posted about it on Facebook.

Don't underestimate the power of placebo, for it does not constitute the "nothing" or "imagination" many mistaken it to be.

But...but... it's all natural!!! I don't want to put processed chemicals into my body made by big evil pharma corporations!!!

This guy on facebook believes his homeopathic medicine is curing his auto-immune disease. I laughed way to hard when I saw this and thought it was worth a share. there are too many people who believe this stuff works.
Homeopathy might not cure autoimmune disease, but in the right dose it could probably cure dehydration.

I have no problem with people trying some homeopathic approaches if they have a chronic illness and other treatment modalities have failed and left them with nothing else. It may improve their mental state, which is important. The krap part is when people who are celebrities or with some sort of influence on the general public spews out krap that it cures illness, that pisses me off.

Lol @ "this guy on Facebook"

Cool story bro. Don't forget that for a couple hours a week you take your clothes off and feel your classmates up while talking the history of a crazy Civil War era guy.

Sad part is that there are a few faculty at my school that believe in this garbage.