Honestly need help for future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celtics-42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a rising senior and have about 25-30 credits left to graduate but have around 6 science classes left. My GPA is a 3.12 and sGPA 2.95. My DAT scores were 18 AA, 18 TS, 19 PAT. I wanted to know if I still have a shot at applying to schools next year, given my GPA improves to around 3.25 and sGPA to 3.2-.3ish. Also, are there any post-bacc programs that I will be good for, that are a year long and will allow me to gain admission if their reqs are met. Thanks for all your help. And I will be retaking the DAT my senior year.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you might have some differing opinions from SDN members, but I think your DAT scores are reasonable. I think the average matriculant gets around a 19 for the AA and TS, and you aren't too far off from that.

However, I know most matriculants have around a 3.5 or higher. What do you EC's look like?

I am in an academic fraternity and have shadowed a dentist but will be participating in more clubs this last year

I think you will need to do some grade rehab and get the DAT score to 20+ if you want to become a dentist. Lock it down and get A's in those last 6 science classes and you have a chance of getting in w/o additional classes, but that is with a better DAT. A 3.2/18 isn't going to make the cut, and you're EC are pedestrian or even below average. Get the grades up, retake the DAT, work in the community. It's ok to take time off between UG and DS in order to better your app.