honesty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopedoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to about 5 MD schools and 12 DO schools. I have been invited to interview at two DO schools. What do you say when they ask you if you've applied to allopathic schools? I guess honesty is the best policy, but I was reading on other sites that some of the DO schools do not when you apply to MD schools as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to both schools as well, and all the osteopathic schools I interviewed at asked if I also had applied to MD schools. If your answer is yes, the follow up question to that is, "If you were accepted to both MD and DO schools, which one would you choose?". If you can think of a great answer to that during an interview, let me know. However, if your answer is no, you are left wondering if they are going to catch you in a lie. Probably a bad thing, right? Good luck.

Pags,
Thanks for the info. After you answered that you had applied to both schools, did you answer whichever offered you the best program, or something to that effect? Thanks!

Hey - when they asked me, I simply said: "I didn't want to limit myself or put all my eggs in one basket. I am simply trying all my options and then making my decision based on impressions that the school gives me, and you impress me."

Accepted - LECOM.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]