Honors Living and Learning Communities or Nah?

curlyafroonaps

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I'm deciding on my living situation soon and at the university I plan to go to. They have an honors science living and learning community for premeds, pre-dentals, pre-pharmacists, engineering, etc. career pathways, but they also have just regular designated building for the rest of Honor students not apart of LLC.

My question for those who have already been through this: Were any of you guys ever in a LLC similar to this and was it beneficial? Did you guys bond with your new friends on more than just the fact that you both had aspiring dreams to become a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, dentist, etc. ? Did you still meet a lot of people outside of your LLC? Was it fun and really close? Would you recommend being in a science-based LLC? Anything about your experience will be helpful.

My question for CLASS of 2015 (Hell Yeah!) who are considering a LLC like this: Do you feel the same way I do or Nah? Thanks!

Please? Any Responses?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey!
I'm deciding on my living situation soon and at the university I plan to go to. They have an honors science living and learning community for premeds, pre-dentals, pre-pharmacists, engineering, etc. career pathways, but they also have just regular designated building for the rest of Honor students not apart of LLC.

My question for those who have already been through this: Were any of you guys ever in a LLC similar to this and was it beneficial? Did you guys bond with your new friends on more than just the fact that you both had aspiring dreams to become a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, dentist, etc. ? Did you still meet a lot of people outside of your LLC? Was it fun and really close? Would you recommend being in a science-based LLC? Anything about your experience will be helpful.

My question for CLASS of 2015 (Hell Yeah!) who are considering a LLC like this: Do you feel the same way I do or Nah? Thanks!

Please? Any Responses?

The honors living community at my school is super overpriced. Compare the prices first. If that's the case for your school as well, then go for the cheaper option. Dorms are dorms, they can't be convenient since you'll share bathroom and kitchen with multiple people, which, believe me, is not fun.

This might be different at your school, but where I go, people usually move off campus after their freshman year and rent nearby apartments with their friends. Some of them are actually cheaper than the dorms!

I'm glad I chose not to live in housing like that. Everyone in my major I know and know well. I've had classes with them since my first semester. I know them well. But I got to know other people outside of that partly through living elsewhere on campus.
I'm a senior by the way.