Hoof boots in showjumping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gavino

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
I was wondering if it was possible to use hoof boots in showjumping horses.
Could they have any advantage/disadvantage using them instead of the classical shoes? Do you have any experience about it?
Thank you for your answer.

Members don't see this ad.

What does this have to do with veterinary medicine/school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend that events her horses with the Easy Boot Epics. (She maintains barefoot Thoroughbreds.)

She had studs added to them for traction in cross-country. Uses gold bond powder and some athletic tape to prevent rubbing and has had no issues.

I can get more details if you want them. I would just have to ask her to refresh my memory. :)

Hello Gavino.

I don't know if hoof boots are the best option to sport horses, i think it depends of the activity of each horse and his problems.

For example, with boots, you can't correct aplomb problems and adapt it to the hoof like the horseshoes.

I think that for an underperforming horse, it could be interesting, but for a performance horse, is better to use traditional horseshoes cause these horses need mechanisms to correct lots of imperfections.