Hope everyone makes it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docta Rod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey whats going on guys ? I hope ya'll make it and stay focus on this rigorous journey. It's daunting at times but Jesus said in the new testament if you have faith and no doubt and whatever you ask for will be done through prayer and believing. Matthew 21:18-22

Members don't see this ad.

ditto

whats going on with this board? has been hella quiet as of late.

Members don't see this ad :)
ditto

Son, I'm always here arguing in the allopathic or studying in the MCAT, but nobody is in here...I'm not til 2015 but the 2014 cats gotta step up...2013 ran deep in here last year!

Hey whats going on guys ? I hope ya'll make it and stay focus on this rigorous journey. It's daunting at times but Jesus said in the new testament if you have faith and no doubt and whatever you ask for will be done through prayer and believing. Matthew 21:18-22

co-sign (even though I'm not Christian, i got love for the Bible)

Son, I'm always here arguing in the allopathic or studying in the MCAT, but nobody is in here...I'm not til 2015 but the 2014 cats gotta step up...2013 ran deep in here last year!
the only other 2014er i can name off the top, who is active, is PinkIvy08. Where she at?

the only other 2014er i can name off the top, who is active, is PinkIvy08. Where she at?

if i have to though, i'll hold it down all by my lonesome.

2014 in the buildin!!

Hahaha. I'm here!!!!! And yes, 2014 is holding it down - even if it is only Jolt21 and myself!! How's the process going for you so far, Jolt??

And ChemEngMD, you're definitely a step ahead of where I was. It's good you found this site early. I think it does more help than harm ;) Though it has made me a wee bit anxious/impatient...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6 -7 <---Keeps me going every time!

Hahaha. I'm here!!!!! And yes, 2014 is holding it down - even if it is only Jolt21 and myself!! How's the process going for you so far, Jolt??

And ChemEngMD, you're definitely a step ahead of where I was. It's good you found this site early. I think it does more help than harm ;) Though it has made me a wee bit anxious/impatient...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6 -7 <---Keeps me going every time!

haha well i'm actually going to be a senior this year but I'm on a 5 year plan due to a couple of majors and a few minors (and being a stupid engineer), so theoretically I should be with yall. Whatever though...MCAT in September so that's what I'm eating, sleeping, and breathing now...any tips on it? haha

Hey fellow 2014-ers!! I submitted my AMCAS primary last week, and I'm just sitting here waiting to be verified. It's driving my crazy!!

PinkIvy, this is one of my favorite scriptures!! I always read it when I'm feeling down, and it really does keep me going :thumbup:

ditto

not many newish urm members or urms applying this cycle..?

not many urms i know have heard of this site/forum

and sadly it seems most of my urm pre-med friends are dropping like flies now that college is 1/2-3/4 done...kind of depressing

Responding to the call for 2014ers. I. am. HERE!!! :woot: And yes, I really hope everyone makes it.

ChemEng, I am a nontrad applicant. Graduated in '07, took a year off for reflection, just did a 1yr post-bacc and am now applying. Happy to say the women in my family are blessed with incredible aging :) But I still think it's great you found this site well before you're planning to apply - you'll get great tips. And as far as MCAT tips, I just memorized everything in my Kaplan books and took plenty of practice tests (both Kaplan's and AAMC's)

Hi YBFdoc and redlight!! The URM members are trickling in...yay!

And yes, I remember in undergrad where at least 80% of URMs were pre-med day 1 of classes. By the time I graduated, there were literally maybe 20 of us left, only 2 went straight to med school. Out of the ones who took time off, maybe only 8 of us decided to continue to pursue our dreams :/ It is a bit depressing, but keep the faith! All the hard work and sacrifices will pay off.

I think that, as redlight said, many URMs don't know about this site. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if CPT hasn't factored its way into this...lol. I'm sure many more URMs will start applying a little later in the game (say Aug/Sept)...we're the early birds, and we're few and far between. Go us!

We're holding it down maaaaaaaaaaaayne. I have been gallivanting around SDN since sophomore year and I gotta tell ya SDN is a blessing as well as a curse.Haha. I have gained priceless information. On the one hand, I have become very neurotic and anxious. It's all good though. Here's to hoping that by May we'll be looking back and counting our blessings.

Members don't see this ad :)
ChemEng, I am a nontrad applicant. Graduated in '07, took a year off for reflection, just did a 1yr post-bacc and am now applying. Happy to say the women in my family are blessed with incredible aging :) But I still think it's great you found this site well before you're planning to apply - you'll get great tips. And as far as MCAT tips, I just memorized everything in my Kaplan books and took plenty of practice tests (both Kaplan's and AAMC's)

And yes, I remember in undergrad where at least 80% of URMs were pre-med day 1 of classes. By the time I graduated, there were literally maybe 20 of us left, only 2 went straight to med school. Out of the ones who took time off, maybe only 8 of us decided to continue to pursue our dreams :/ It is a bit depressing, but keep the faith! All the hard work and sacrifices will pay off.

I think that, as redlight said, many URMs don't know about this site. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if CPT hasn't factored its way into this...lol. I'm sure many more URMs will start applying a little later in the game (say Aug/Sept)...we're the early birds, and we're few and far between. Go us!
yea, i used to have 5 people in my close group of friends that were pre-med (al URMs)...last week, i became the only one. the last one pulled out of applying this cycle and says "its not for her." i was pretty saddened by the news.

What up ya'll I'm applying this cycle too. I've been on sdn for a year. It feels good to finally apply.

Hey everyone! Just jumping on the 2014 bandwagon!! 2014!!! In the midst of a couple secondaries and working so its been a little hectic but I come on and read SDN when I can.

I feel as though, the dwindling numbers of urm pre-meds as they progress through college occurs at every school. At least at Penn, I would say that half of the urms in my class freshman year were pre-med, sophomore year 20%, after orgo 5% and only a few applied senior year with a handful taking a year or two off to recover their GPA and gain experience after Penn.

Good Luck to everyone applying this year! Hopefully I will meet some of you on the trail.

I have been gallivanting around SDN since sophomore year and I gotta tell ya SDN is a blessing as well as a curse.Haha. I have gained priceless information.

I gotta get that good aging in my family...haha...women in my family live forever, but men...we die young lol

I gotta get that good aging in my family...haha...women in my family live forever, but men...we die young lol

^^^^ That's not ok... Ummm, gl with living? Idk what to say to that, lol

And yay!!! I'm excited to see more URMs applying this cycle. Where's everyone applying? Anyone have a top choice/top choices?

Nice to meet you guys.
Been a lurker for a while and applying this cycle.
Haha my top choice is whatever school accepts me :D

^^^lol...I'd extend that to whichever one accepts me and gives me the most $$$ :)

Naw, but seriously, I researched all accredited US allopathic med schools, and I would feel more than blessed to attend any one of my AMCAS-designated schools next fall. That said, certain ones do stand out over others, as of now - Georgetown, Howard, Northwestern, Pritzker, Sinai, and Yale, to name a few.

Time will tell...I'm developing that patience, which I've heard is good to have ;)

been lurking as well..

figured I'd make my presence known lol. PinkIvy is arguably my favorite poster of all time, due to her bubliness (is that a word) and positive attitude. For full disclosure, however, i do have many friends who are AKAs.:thumbup:

just got an interview at Morehouse! sweeeet.

SirSpicious, you make me blush!

And CONGRATS JOLT!!!

Whoop whoop. Get it, get it!!!

Since we're posting invites, I have to chime in:

Interview invites as of now:

UConn, Pitt, Case Western, UMNDJ-RWJ, SUNY Upstate, SUNy Downstate, George Washington

Still waiting....

yeeaaa. c/o 2014. kickin ass and takin names.

That's right. Class of 2014 is in the buiding!!! Maybe we should start an official invite thread to organize and encourage each other through this process

That's right. Class of 2014 is in the buiding!!! Maybe we should start an official invite thread to organize and encourage each other through this process

I second that

EDIT: I might as well add my interviews too.
Wake Forest, Creighton, Jefferson, Ohio State

Last edited:
hey everyone...i just submitted by primary so im joining the c/o 2014 bandwagon as well and i cosign on starting an interview invitation thread b/c i'm going to need something to keep me encouraged while i wait for verification.

Hi, my luvs! I don't know how it happened, but of late, I found myself loitering in the general pre-med discussions coming across all these pro-White male and anti-reverse-discrimination threads that just really got my blood boiling (reminded me of all the overtly prejudiced student body of my alma mater). Paired with the other, non-SDN stresses of this application cycle, I found myself getting overly heated.

Thought I'd just drop back by this way (towards positivity!) to check in and see how everyone is doing. Hope we're all doing well and hanging in there strong!

Hi, my luvs! I don't know how it happened, but of late, I found myself loitering in the general pre-med discussions coming across all these pro-White male and anti-reverse-discrimination threads that just really got my blood boiling (reminded me of all the overtly prejudiced student body of my alma mater). Paired with the other, non-SDN stresses of this application cycle, I found myself getting overly heated.

Thought I'd just drop back by this way (towards positivity!) to check in and see how everyone is doing. Hope we're all doing well and hanging in there strong!

Yea, I noticed the same thing in the general pre-med discussions. Seems like there is always 1 or 2 of those threads revived every other week or so. What I don't understand is how so many people think that medical school is a reward for good grades/MCAT scores. There is much more to an applicant than that! So, what if a person with an MCAT score 1 lower than you and a GPA 0.01 lower than you were to be accepted over you, does that mean they were less qualified to become a doctor? What so many people fail to realize is that schools will not pony up the money and resources for students that they think will fail the STEPs. Everyone does not begin on equal footing and thats the problem that many programs are trying to correct for. Once in medical school everyone takes the same exams and if you pass your exams, you are as qualified as anyone else who has done the same no matter your route to medical school. Just my 2 cents as I am getting tired of those threads.

But changing topic, good luck to everyone applying and good luck on interviews. Hopefully I will meet some of you down the road!

Yea, I noticed the same thing in the general pre-med discussions. Seems like there is always 1 or 2 of those threads revived every other week or so. What I don't understand is how so many people think that medical school is a reward for good grades/MCAT scores. There is much more to an applicant than that! So, what if a person with an MCAT score 1 lower than you and a GPA 0.01 lower than you were to be accepted over you, does that mean they were less qualified to become a doctor? What so many people fail to realize is that schools will not pony up the money and resources for students that they think will fail the STEPs. Everyone does not begin on equal footing and thats the problem that many programs are trying to correct for. Once in medical school everyone takes the same exams and if you pass your exams, you are as qualified as anyone else who has done the same no matter your route to medical school. Just my 2 cents as I am getting tired of those threads.

But changing topic, good luck to everyone applying and good luck on interviews. Hopefully I will meet some of you down the road!

yeah the pre-allo forum is ridiculous..so exaggerated and over-the-top...I remember a thread like this started over there..everyone's gonna make it!! ohhhh....bad idea...people were like how can you say that...that's false hope...i posted a few CHILL and RELAX comments, but people still felt it was wrong to motivate people...:rolleyes:

I think I am going to try and direct a lot of my posts in this forum. Gotta keep it alive!! And praying for all you 2014-ers...applying next year...nerve wrecking,,

For those of u who got interviews, do u mind sharing ur stats, even if its in a pm, please share...

Im joining you all I know I am late I did not see this section before. This is a great section. I have invite at NOVA. No MD invites yet. At least for my first invite I can drive 20 min. to get there.

For those of u who got interviews, do u mind sharing ur stats, even if its in a pm, please share...

I post regularly in the pharm area, but good luck to everyone applying.

I will gladly share just tell me how to PM u
Just go to a post and click on his screenname. A menu should appear that includes "send a private message to ConfusedTear." Click that, and send your message.

I usually keep it to lurking but I guess I'll join in...I just graduated in May and am applying as well. Although I check in on the pre-allo side from time to time to see whats going on with my top choices I must co-sign that I can't stay there for too long! Not only do those people drive me crazy w/ their stats and telling each other they won't get in and should try the carribbean or DO route...but listening to them talk about white males being the most discriminated group in America is ridiculous.

Anyways...good luck to everyone!

I have become addicted to this site as well its a blessing and a curse.But the excitement of this process is stressful. i wish I had friends that were doing this because they would understand.That is why i have love for SDN but some people are haters but that is okay they need love too;) Anybody has any interview advice

I don't know if it's advice, but personally, I'm trying to give myself a brief history of the US Health Care System (hello, wikipedia!) and trying to stay up on the Health Care Reform Debate (which changes daily...cnn's site is helpful). Also staying up on the H1N1 vaccine development and just the news in general, as well as brushing up on basic medical ethics topics. I'm using the Interview Feedback forum on the top of the screen to review previously asked questions from schools I'm interviewing at. I'm also reviewing my transcripts and secondary answers, and doing in-depth searches on the schools' websites. I think I might be slightly ODing on it, but I also feel that I started prepping real late for interviews. Oh, and I'm praying big time to stay calm and relaxed!

thanks for the advice when is your first one

I don't know if it's advice, but personally, I'm trying to give myself a brief history of the US Health Care System (hello, wikipedia!) and trying to stay up on the Health Care Reform Debate (which changes daily...cnn's site is helpful). Also staying up on the H1N1 vaccine development and just the news in general, as well as brushing up on basic medical ethics topics. I'm using the Interview Feedback forum on the top of the screen to review previously asked questions from schools I'm interviewing at. I'm also reviewing my transcripts and secondary answers, and doing in-depth searches on the schools' websites. I think I might be slightly ODing on it, but I also feel that I started prepping real late for interviews. Oh, and I'm praying big time to stay calm and relaxed!

I am sorry to keep nagging but how do you brush up on medical ethics topics

thanks again;)

Ha, no prob. My first one if Monday. Yikes :xf:

For medical ethics stuff, click here.
For health care reform stuff, click here or here.
If you get tired of reading and want some knowledge via doctumentaries, click here.

Good luck!

great links pink..i was looking for something on health care debate:thumbup:

thank you pinky i am sending you positive energy for monday. :):xf::love:

Pinky......THE SITES ARE EXCELLENT NOW I HAVE A CLUE ON THE HEALTHCARE REFORM:idea:

Ha, no prob. My first one if Monday. Yikes :xf:

For medical ethics stuff, click here.
For health care reform stuff, click here or here.
If you get tired of reading and want some knowledge via doctumentaries, click here.

Good luck!