Hopkins to Pay 190m, Doctor Taped Pelvic Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danbo1957

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been watching this for a while; here's the fallout:

BALTIMORE (AP) — A gynecologist who secretly used a pen-like camera to record hundreds of videos and photos of his patients' sex organs during pelvic exams will cost one of the world's most prestigious medical centers $190 million in a settlement with more than 8,000 women.

http://news.msn.com/us/hopkins-to-pay-dollar190m-after-doc-taped-pelvic-exams

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised the guy got to commit suicide....how was he not in jail?

I would assert that this scandal will cause women to be even less likely to choose a male OB/GYN than they currently are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
How will Hopkins ever recover from a 190 million lawsuit, there goes the school because of 1 sicko.

How will Hopkins ever recover from a 190 million lawsuit, there goes the school because of 1 sicko.

first, they will have insurance....second they are freaking hopkins and have money

my tiny DO university has a $100mil endowment...hopkins will be ok

Lol, what? $190 mil is nothing for an institution like Hopkins. I'm actually surprised it wasn't much much higher.

:nailbiting: Man. More motivation to do good in the world to balance out the Karma s#*t storm he's created in the medical universe.

How sad. It's sexist, but I'll be the first to admit, I've never in the past nor future planned to see any OB/GYN other then a fellow female of the species.