Hospice visits on the side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted185747

I have bee offered a side job doing house calls and SNF visits for hospice patients. The flexability sounds great to me. Anyone else have experience in this? They would pay me a flat fee for each patient. It's a little less than doing LESIs on a time basis.

Members don't see this ad.

I have bee offered a side job doing house calls and SNF visits for hospice patients. The flexability sounds great to me. Anyone else have experience in this? They would pay me a flat fee for each patient. It's a little less than doing LESIs on a time basis.
How much per patient?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose it would depend on how many you can see in a day. These patients can get pretty time intensive if they are wanting you to take a primary care approach, talking to family, social work, etc, it could eat up a lot of time. Plus, you have to think about if you're burning through overhead, rent and such, back at your office while you're doing off site work. If so, that would eat into the $300. Usually they pay some internal med or FP to do this to burn through and renew a bunch of meds, renew foley orders, treat a million UTIs and pronounce people.

I would just make sure these are true hospice, end of life pts. They could be "pain rehab" pts and when they are d/c'd from "hospice", they'll need follow up care and refills for the next 60 years.

you'll get a few here and there. not worth it for 300/patient unless you can do several at one time