Hospital Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmstudent2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe I want to work in a hospital setting as a pharmacist. Most places want experience first. Does this count as being a tech/ intern in the hospital setting?

If I was a pharmacy intern at a hospital would they considet me to have experience to be a pharmacist in the same setting?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends how much competition you have. A place like a hospital in NYC that gets 200 applicants for 1 job, probably would toss your app, just because they have so many more apps with more and varied experience. A hospital in a rural area that doesn't have as many apps, would be more likely to give you serious consideration.

I believe I want to work in a hospital setting as a pharmacist. Most places want experience first. Does this count as being a tech/ intern in the hospital setting?

If I was a pharmacy intern at a hospital would they considet me to have experience to be a pharmacist in the same setting?

I worked at a hospital as a tech for 2 years from 2011-2013, graduated in 2013 and was offered a job.