MD Hot and cold medical school app, IA and misdemeanor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2Infinity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am normally a lurker on SDN but considering its 2:45am and I can't sleep because I'm thinking about my app, I'm graciously asking for some help:

3.87 GPA, 34 MCAT at a competitive state school.
Volunteering at the MICU for ~100 hours
Shadowing Experience ~50 hours
Research Assistant for 4 years
-Summer Fellowship at Children's ending with a poster presentation
-Recently awarded a cancer fellowship for my senior year
-Writing a senior thesis
Mentor for disadvantaged school children ~3years
Mentor for new freshman in diversity and inclusion program ~2years
Member of an organization that organizes service activities and research forums ~2years

However:
I have two IAs from freshman year. One for my friends unnecessarily calling the EMS after we arrived at our dorm. The EMS arrived and realized I was in coherent shape and did not take me. However I still needed to write an essay to explain the situation. Another one for being in a friends room where alcohol was present and I had to meet with the resident director.

To make matters worse I have an expunged misdemeanor for alcohol possession that happened early in my sophomore year. I was caught holding a friend's beer at a bar and in hindsight I realize I should have taken the responsibility to say no and had him set it down.

I am disclosing all this information. What are my chances to still get into medical school?

Thank you so much to anyone reading this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: