Hours of Medical Education/Clinical Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I found this interesting opinion from the AMA in a link of someone's signature

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/18514.html

The same could be said for podiatry.

2 years of clinical experience during pod school (for years 3/4) at 40h per 50 weeks = 4,000
3 years of residency at 60 hours per week x 50 weeks = 7,500
Total clinical experience = 11,500 hours.

Note: I'm estimating. But interesting to think about how much clinical experience one receives during podiatry training.

Members don't see this ad.

I found this interesting opinion from the AMA in a link of someone's signature

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/18514.html

The same could be said for podiatry.

2 years of clinical experience during pod school (for years 3/4) at 40h per 50 weeks = 4,000
3 years of residency at 60 hours per week x 50 weeks = 7,500
Total clinical experience = 11,500 hours.

Note: I'm estimating. But interesting to think about how much clinical experience one receives during podiatry training.

Interesting! Take it a step further with how many test questions the typical podiatry student answers. Very quick and fast, we take 14 tests this quarter at about 50 questions per test = 700 questions this quarter. 700 x 4 quarters (we go year round) x 2 years = 5600 test questions for the first 2 years.

Interesting! Take it a step further with how many test questions the typical podiatry student answers. Very quick and fast, we take 14 tests this quarter at about 50 questions per test = 700 questions this quarter. 700 x 4 quarters (we go year round) x 2 years = 5600 test questions for the first 2 years.

From my experience at Scholl our second year and thrid year tests were not that many questions. Actually about 2X50 questions per class and each question worth about 1% of your grade.
Additionally, Scholl is now on a 2+2 schedule like any other medical school.

This is great! People that say pods are "less educated" should really take a look at this.