Hours per day - studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

05med05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just last week I wrote 2 practice exams and got 6s across the board.
:(

So I gave up on practice exams and spent the past week going over material only (no tests except verbal and review questions within the EK chapters).

I plan to write 5R tomorrow.

Is it possible to boost this score in the next week or should I consider writing next April?

Second question, not sure if I'm overanalyzing, but I'm now on a 5-7 hour a night sleep schedule with 9-12 hours studying per day (probably not that much, considering breaks, eating, excercise (although a total of 13 hours yesterday).

I've taken the 'don't get stressed' approach, instead of my usual 4 hours of sleep with plenty of coffee during finals, (which worked 50% of the time...)

I can't figure it out, should I be more stressed, even a healthy level of stress is good sometimes. At the end of the day I just close the book and try not to worry about it. I almost feel guilty about getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night.

Is this strategy doomed to fail? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

well ony you know what works for you. I don't think you should feel guilty only getting 5 hours of sleep...it's not like that's so much. ut don't sleep in on the weekend either.

so you got a total of 18 on each of the test? triuthfully i'd be worried about that a week before the real thing. Make sur eyou review what you got wrong and why. You should analyze the entire tst b/c i'm sur esome of wha tyou got right was a guess. Onc eyou've gone over some basic review material take another test.

The QUANTITY of time you spend doing MCAT studying isn't as important as the QUALITY of time. How much are you getting out of 13 hours a day of studying?

If you can't bring your score up to a solid 25, at least, by mid week, i don't think you should sit for the exam next week. But then again you know what your ultimate goal is.