Hours worked per week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD Dreams

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking at some job postings, it seems like the starting salary for radiology is 350k going up to 550k+ in 2 or more years (after partnership). They also include 12 weeks vacation and all the packages you could ask for.

My question is this: About how many hours per week does one have to work to earn such an income? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the per hourly rate would be so that I can compare it to some other specialites in order to determine if radiologist really make more per hour, or do they just work a lot more and thus make more money. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

MD Dreams said:
Looking at some job postings, it seems like the starting salary for radiology is 350k going up to 550k+ in 2 or more years (after partnership). They also include 12 weeks vacation and all the packages you could ask for.

My question is this: About how many hours per week does one have to work to earn such an income? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the per hourly rate would be so that I can compare it to some other specialites in order to determine if radiologist really make more per hour, or do they just work a lot more and thus make more money. Thanks in advance.

The latter.

hans19 said:
The latter.

That depends who you are comparing rads to. More money per hour than general surgeons but probably less than derm or ophtho.