Housing for AMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NStarz

Ohio State c/o 2016
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any housing leads for AMC in NYC? My housing fell through last minute and I can't afford spending 500/night on a hotel room. I have an externship there from Oct 4-16. I would sleep on a couch or a guest room or on a floor. AMC is on 62nd street so something in the vicinity would be ideal. Help would be MUCH appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any housing leads for AMC in NYC? My housing fell through last minute and I can't afford spending 500/night on a hotel room. I have an externship there from Oct 4-16. I would sleep on a couch or a guest room or on a floor. AMC is on 62nd street so something in the vicinity would be ideal. Help would be MUCH appreciated!
Have you tried Airbnb? It's kind of hit or miss for me but some students I know had some success when they externed at AMC. Also would love to pick your braina bout your externship after you're done :)

Have you tried Airbnb? It's kind of hit or miss for me but some students I know had some success when they externed at AMC. Also would love to pick your braina bout your externship after you're done :)
Just looked---prices are pretty in par with hotels unfortunately. Lol. Or it's a shared room which I'm not entirely comfortable with. Thanks for the lead, though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember just sorta browsing around their website when I was looking at their externships, and I saw something about how AMC owns an apartment complex and rents apartments to its house officers. Is there a possibility that you could get into contact with somebody living there and see if they'd be willing to house you in their apartment for the duration of your externship?

Edit: That, of you could consider searching craigslist and seeing if there's any students who are looking to sublet their apartment for a while. I imagine housing in NYC can get pretty steep though, but not as expensive as a hotel room.

You could ask the hospital if any of the current interns, techs or other staff would be willing to help you out for that week. Certainly interns should be sympathetic to the impossible price of a hotel room.

I remember just sorta browsing around their website when I was looking at their externships, and I saw something about how AMC owns an apartment complex and rents apartments to its house officers. Is there a possibility that you could get into contact with somebody living there and see if they'd be willing to house you in their apartment for the duration of your externship?

Edit: That, of you could consider searching craigslist and seeing if there's any students who are looking to sublet their apartment for a while. I imagine housing in NYC can get pretty steep though, but not as expensive as a hotel room.
They're out of rooms for the weeks I'm externing at the apartment complex unfortunately :/

A friend of mine is currently an intern at AMC. I could see if he and his boyfriend have some extra space. Let me try to find his email and I'll ask. SDN also has a housing wanted subforum if you haven't tried that yet. Worth a shot.