housing near temple pod school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgogo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
for students attending temple or will be attending
can you guys give me some tips on where to look for places with cheap rental and with safety??
im willing to commute about 10~20mins(walk,bike,bus, or by train...)
i was thinking it would be best to find housing near where big populations of temple, drexel and u penn students live...:confused:
any tips? thnks :thumbup::thumbup:
ohh and also whats your thoughts on living on campus??

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Philly now and I would say rittnehouse square/center city would be your best bet. I know of a handful of people who live in those areas and go to Drexel/Penn. It's safe, and lots of shoping and resturants. Old city could also be an option for you, but although I love it down there, I don't know too much about living options. With the the podiatry school being sandwiched between center city and old city (not on in North Philly like the main campus), you will be close, as in walking distance if you want. As for Cheap rental, idk what's cheap by your standards. IMO it is expensive to live in Philly, even out in the suburbs where I live! But your meaning of cheap might be different than mine. Hope this helps!

PS... Just looked at your post again and if you meant temple as in the main campus off Broad St., I would recommend dorm living (if they offer it), but not around the campus itself. It's located in North Philly, which isn't the best area. Again, this is all MHO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Walking 20+ mins to school every morning from Old City would seriously suck.

I recommend Pearl, Warehouse, or 1010 apartments. All are within 5 minutes walking distance. Pearl is literally across the street from the school.

The dorms are... well, you should take a look at them for yourself.

im looking under $1000 and near pod school:rolleyes:

im looking under $1000 and near pod school:rolleyes:

That might be tough without a roommate. Ferocity might be about to help you more about closer to school. I live out by US Rt 1 which is about 5-10 min outside of downtown (depending on traffic) and finding something under 1000 is tough out here. Not saying it's impossible though.

Walking 20+ mins to school every morning from Old City would seriously suck.

I recommend Pearl, Warehouse, or 1010 apartments. All are within 5 minutes walking distance. Pearl is literally across the street from the school.

The dorms are... well, you should take a look at them for yourself.

Old city can also be a ten minute walk. I live in old city on Arch Street and it takes me 7 minutes to walk to class.

I recommend living in old city. Apartments are cool, stores are sweet, bars are awesome, people are interesting. If i had to do it again, I would definitely choose to live here.

Old city can also be a ten minute walk. I live in old city on Arch Street and it takes me 7 minutes to walk to class.

I recommend living in old city. Apartments are cool, stores are sweet, bars are awesome, people are interesting. If i had to do it again, I would definitely choose to live here.

How much is it down there? I'm up on city ave and its pretty pricey here. Originally looked at living down there while for last year of my masters but decided to stay close to school.

You must be a fast walker.

I was thinking about living off campus but I really don't know yet. I just got in and looking for apartments around. I found a few that are not that bad in price. If anyone is looking for a roommate pm me. I'm a guy, 22, and we can discuss it. thanks.