Houston we have a match!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I matched to a position in family medicine this morning via SOAP
I am thrilled with where I am going and could not be happier
Thanks to all my fellow non trads for all the support and encouragement along the way

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
I love Houston so much! You'll get over the humidity after experience a summer. Traffic is NOT as bad as you think, although congestion is always there. Learn to use the inside roads and time your travelling right and it'll be a breeze. We have the best food in Texas, have fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
I love Houston so much! You'll get over the humidity after experience a summer. Traffic is NOT as bad as you think, although congestion is always there. Learn to use the inside roads and time your travelling right and it'll be a breeze. We have the best food in Texas, have fun!
I am not in Houston - I wish :)

^Wow, I totally misread that title then. My fault! Congrats anyway, I've been really reading and understanding more about family medicine lately.

^Wow, I totally misread that title then. My fault! Congrats anyway, I've been really reading and understanding more about family medicine lately.
That is me attempting to be funny ;)

Honestly my sense of humor is much better in person :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank goodness, and congratulations from a daddy2two. (Or maybe daddy2three, I am an MS-2 and still have some time!)

Reactions: 1 users
Good job. Glad to see it all worked out.

Are you our only Nontrad matching this year?

Congrats mommy2three. I matched into a family medicine residency as a nontrad (54 years old) as well. I am also an MSIII, graduating in three years. I can hardly wait to find out which program.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats mommy2three. I matched into a family medicine residency as a nontrad (54 years old) as well. I am also an MSIII, graduating in three years. I can hardly wait to find out which program.

congrats!!!!
and i am in awe that you did medical school in three years - simply amazing! i bow down to your abilities :)

hope you get your top choice!

Aren't you the vintagemedstudent who went to TT? (loved reading your blog when I first started looking into med school)

Aren't you the vintagemedstudent who went to TT? (loved reading your blog when I first started looking into med school)

Yes. I got away from writing it -- I need to update it soon. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Congrats mommy2three. I don't post in the non-trad forum much, but I've seen your posts about the match and was hoping you would get this all straightened out. I hope you've been celebrating/relaxing.